The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: turbo question....5 speed swap question

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17

turbo question....5 speed swap question

ok, well i was planning on boosting my car this weekened but i think im missing something.....this is what i have.......please correct me if im wrong on anything ....also, do you think its going to be an issue that the turbo it on the other side????

evo7 manifold
    evo7 o2 sensor houseing
    evo7 16g
    antilag bov with line that bolts to the manifold via banjo bolts
    300gt vr4 intertcooler piping
    FMIC
    2g oil pan
    16g oil return
    i also have a 2g bov elbow but i dont know if i need it
    ....i need manifold gasket, oil feed and water lines....n e one know where to get it at a good price of have one they need to get rid of?

im going to modify my downpipe..(i have a welder)
    i also need to fix the nipple on the wastegate actuator
    and im confused about the whole antilag thing.....after looking at an evo8....which to my understanding and looks to be the same thing......i think i still need a bov...??????cause the line was connected to it but i think their was a bov on the pipe as well.....the "antilag bov" looks like it
    just dumps into the intake pipe..???im super confused about it

and im going to swap my 5 speed from the old g.......all i need to do is :

drop tranny
    put clutch and flywheel on......
    hang clutch
    attach everything back..........thats what it seems like from reading the diy seth put
    oh yeah...and wire a relay.......but to what?

any help would be awsome,,,thx
    TEAM GENESIS

brandon
    Manifold gasket you can get from anywhere (dealer, even Autozone or those places), RRE makes an oil feed line for the 16g (www.roadraceengineering.com), and the water lines a junkyard or dealer.

No clue what this 'manifold BOV' is... anyone else?

The turbo is going to face the drivers side correct? Not sure where you're going to fit the intake over there... the IC piping shouldn't be an issue assuming you have the right bends (no clue what the 3000GT pipes look like). Also not sure where the downpipe/O2 housing end up in regards to the exhaust... probably going to have to do some hacking.

Do you have the turbo/manifold/O2 assembled? Any pics?

thanks. anyone else can please fill me in on the other questions
    TEAM GENESIS

brandon
    So what about my questions?? haha

lol, the turbo will be on the driver side.......ill just make some cool bends to make it work

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/picture_libra...al_pic_9861.jpg

this is the manifold thing i was talking about.......in other pics o still saw a bov in addition to it...thats why i am confused..
    TEAM GENESIS

brandon
    Trying to see what you mean by this second BOV, but I can't really tell from that pic what it is.

please please.....help me out.....all i nhave to do is put this shit in.....and by the way.....n e ideas if the turbo hits the dipstick when i put it in........cut it off.. ...can i bend it........please help a brother boost the whuup
    TEAM GENESIS

TGC Regular
    yeah i see only one BOV in that pic, lol... On the evo8 pic it looks like there is a line running from the BOV, to the ex. manifold, but I'm not too sure... :?

when is we gon be free????

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    When I put my 4g63t, I couldnt get my 02 housing off to swap it with my Evo 3 housing because the dipstick was in the way. I just bent it slightly making sure it didnt crimp any of the line.

So you are still going to try to put the filter on the driver side like the evo? I dont see that working out very easily. Id say just sell the Evo manifold and BOv. They pose to be bigger problems than what its worth. You can pick up an Evo3 exhaust manifold for $180 and new 1g BOV for $70. Im sure you can get at least that in your Evo 8 parts.

I just dont see enough room over in the driverside area, power steering pump, alternator, power steering lines, timing belt, all in the way. the BOV has to be vented back to the intake tube as well and the bov will have to be on the other side of the engine bay, so that would be a very long dump which would create more lag.
    7g for life!

brandon
    Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    So you are still going to try to put the filter on the driver side like the evo? I dont see that working out very easily. Id say just sell the Evo manifold and BOv. They pose to be bigger problems than what its work. You can pick up an Evo3 exhaust manifold for $180 and new 1g BOV for $70. Im sure you can get at least that in your Evo 8 parts.

I just dont see enough room over in the driverside area, power steering pump, alternator, power steering lines, timing belt, all in the way. the BOV has to be vented back to the intake tube as well and the bov will have to be on the other side of the engine bay.
    Yep, that's exactly what I was thinking...

Dark7GHawk
    recirc wouldn't be required with a blow through setup with a MAFT and 3" GM MAF.

Yes but I didnt think he was using a GM Maf setup.
    7g for life!

I dont know much about the evo antilag bov cept it dumps back into the exhaust mani
    7g for life!

well all that that bov line carries is air....so i can cut it and reattach it with silicon hose right?

and do i need injectors......or is it a must...cause i have to buy them if so
    TEAM GENESIS

Get some stock turbo 1g/2g 450cc injectors and a resistor pack.
    7g for life!

brandon
    Quote Originally Posted by soltero112
    and do i need injectors......or is it a must...cause i have to buy them if so
    YES you need them.

You also need to re-wire your fuel pump, or upgrade.