The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: exhaust size?

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    sho-tyme

exhaust size?

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE STOCK SIZE OF OUR EXHAUST IS IM GOING TO REMOVE MY REZZIE AND NEEDED TO KNOW WHAT SIZE PIPE I NEED TO GET TO PUT IN ITS PLACE

2.25"

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Faction
    why do so many people remove their resonator?

Senior TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Faction)</div><div class='quotemain'>why do so many people remove their resonator?</div>

For extra tone I guess. It really doesn't free up exhaust flow so performance is out, but on my V6 it made it sound like a muted G35 coupe.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

TGC Regular
    and how would one go about this "removal" of this so-called "resonator"

...why am i acting like "this"? i dont know

datdude305
    cant u at least beef it up 2 maybe 2.75? i want speed

shit if you want you can put a 10in if you want but dont mean its gonna give you speed, your car needs ot have so much backpressure, bigger displacement or more force comming out the engine the bigger exhaust you can have, 2.5 is probably hte biggest you can go with an I4.
    2002 Galant ES - I4, Viynl Interior by P
    Pioneer AVH-P5700 DVD, RF P4004, RF P8002, 2-Infinity 12" Perfect 12.1DV Subs
    Lightning Audio Digital Capacitor
    Infinity Speakers,GTZ Spoiler, Ractive E-brake, Chrome Door Handles, CF Armrest
    Freedom Design Strut Bar, Cleared Corners
    KUMHO 711 Tires, CF Interior Trim

sho-tyme
    to me it would seem better to go 3in if you are going forced induction thats what im doing just in case i decide to go fi. just so i dont have to replace it twice

can someone confirm the amount that you can go up to before you loose back pressure?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(datdude305)</div><div class='quotemain'>cant u at least beef it up 2 maybe 2.75? i want speed</div>

what's the point?? i mean the inlet and outlet size of the resonator is 2.25" and if you replace the resonator with larger pipe its gonna be like 2.25" pipe =>>>3 inch pipe =>>> 2.25" pipe

where does the speed get added??

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mike969mb)</div><div class='quotemain'>can someone confirm the amount that you can go up to before you loose back pressure?</div>

bump?