The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How to install your own springs.....

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

How to install your own springs.....

well, i finally installed my new Eibachs, and they are sooooooo nice. Here is a link to where i uploaded ALL my pix, but first i want to say, you "DO THIS AT YORU OWN RISK" if you dont think you can do it, then dont try. Better to waste a few bucks paying someone to do it, right. then you getting hurt. But again, its at you OWN RISK, heres the link:

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=3534630093

Jut need to give MAD PROP's to Josh_877(a*k*a GreenG95) and his boy Sal(a*k*a alkadaypx182), they were A LOT of help, and knew what they were doing. Josh was our muscle man. So there you go, hope you find this useful.

eh it was a fun 2-3hrs, considering i barely recieved any help . and its easy to do. u just need the right tools!

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    whoa, wierd, my 7G had 3 bolts per strut in the back.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by peanotation
    whoa, wierd, my 7G had 3 bolts per strut in the back.
    yea so did mine, i guess they changed in like 97-98.

Experienced TGC Member
    97-98 have 2 thats for sure..

I got this idea the other day...You know when you put lower springs on, or coil overs, you tend to kill ur shocks more easily if you hit big bumps cause you bottom them out and pop the gas chamber...Why not get the right size die and add another inch of threads to the shocks piston..and this way when you bolt it all up the piston wont be able to bottom out because you have just shortened its travel by raising it up further..

? thoughts ?
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

Quote Originally Posted by JiP

I got this idea the other day...You know when you put lower springs on, or coil overs, you tend to kill ur shocks more easily if you hit big bumps cause you bottom them out and pop the gas chamber...Why not get the right size die and add another inch of threads to the shocks piston..and this way when you bolt it all up the piston wont be able to bottom out because you have just shortened its travel by raising it up further..

? thoughts ?
    well im not that advanced in suspension so, i wouldnt know what to tell u....sorry :?

mrteacha
    i have the same springs but for some reason my front is way low. i can barely get my 2 fingers to fit into the gap between fender and wheel but then the rears are sitting alot higher so the car looks like its dipping on the front

mrteacha
    i have the same springs but for some reason my front is way low. i can barely get my 2 fingers to fit into the gap between fender and wheel but then the rears are sitting alot higher so the car looks like its dipping on the front

yea, thats normal... :x

brandon
    Yep, mine too.

alkadaypx182

And that's how you install springs.

That was quite a day....considering that Josh did "all" the work. It was fun though. We drank 5000 cans of soda and we are all now diabetic. I too will get a car someday. When the time comes I'll need some help and Josh877 and Ositoyb won't answer my calls. But nonetheless still had fun. Come by and use my garage/tools anytime. What's the next mod we shall do Josh? Clean the throttle body? Anyone need help just ask the good ol' TGC members. Adios.

Re: And that's how you install springs.

Quote Originally Posted by alkadaypx182
    That was quite a day....considering that Josh did "all" the work. It was fun though. We drank 5000 cans of soda and we are all now diabetic. I too will get a car someday. When the time comes I'll need some help and Josh877 and Ositoyb won't answer my calls. But nonetheless still had fun. Come by and use my garage/tools anytime. What's the next mod we shall do Josh? Clean the throttle body? Anyone need help just ask the good ol' TGC members. Adios.
    CAYATE! :shock:

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JiP

? thoughts ?
    it's a good idea, except how would you do it? you would have to have the threads continue to run down the shock piston, so you could pull it out further, making it "think" the car was higher up that it really was. something for KYB to think about. it cost them nothing to have the threads run down another 1-3 inches on the shock piston too.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd