The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 5 speed question

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

5 speed question

what was mitsubishi's reasoning for not offering a 5 speed? most of their competitors do

they (MMUSA) believe (and are correct) that the USDM galant is not a "sporty" car but is aimed more towards the mid range sedan market and billed it as a practical car w/ umph. if you want a 5MT in your galant, go ahead and swap ur tranny for a 3G eclipse's 5MT, numerous members have allready done this.

most americans like auto so im imagining that they wouldnt pay extra for more production of trannys..... although reelax's answer is much better!! 8)
    Diego

Re: 5 speed question

Quote Originally Posted by Skuzzi
    what was mitsubishi's reasoning for not offering a 5 speed? most of their competitors do
    'cause no one buys them.
    all previous gen galants were offered with them... never sold more than about 1 in 50.

8ggalant
    yea i read somewhere that it was to edge out the competition..i think mitsu was the first in its class (the galant) to offer auto as a standard option...(base model comes with auto not manual)...i may be wrong tho...who care...its a 5spd now...and i shoulda came this way :twisted: not only is it more fun to drive but i get better gas mileage driving just as hard as i was be4

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    How are you gettin better gas mileage? lol..mine sucks ass i swear its like 15mpg..lmao..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.