The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Level Ten Tranny kit and torqu converter

Showing results 1 to 19 of 19
    Black Magic

Level Ten Tranny kit and torqu converter

thinking about getting it and i was just wondering who has it here and what they thought of it? if you have it how many pounds of boost are you running?

8ggalant

Re: Level Ten Tranny kit and torqu converter

Quote Originally Posted by Black Magic
    thinking about getting it and i was just wondering who has it here and what they thought of it? if you have it how many pounds of boost are you running?
    ive ridden in a car with one (2nd gen fwd turbo talon)...shifted nice as hell...too bad he blew it w/ only 320whp when the tranny was supposed to be able to handle double that :? i wouldnt get it if i were u....thats just my opinion tho...but there are a few members on here who have had and gotten rid of there level 10's as well as a few members who were happy with theres (but i dont think they were puttin down any serious power either)

Black Magic

Re: Level Ten Tranny kit and torqu converter

Quote Originally Posted by 8ggalant
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Magic
    ive ridden in a car with one (2nd gen fwd turbo talon)...shifted nice as hell...too bad he blew it w/ only 320whp when the tranny was supposed to be able to handle double that :? i wouldnt get it if i were u....thats just my opinion tho...but there are a few members on here who have had and gotten rid of there level 10's as well as a few members who were happy with theres (but i dont think they were puttin down any serious power either)
    he was automatic? i only want like 250whp

well i have a fully built trans from precision, shift kit, torque converter, stronger spider gears. I'm very happy with it, i'm pushung over 250 now and its holding up just fine......from what i heard level 10 is crap, thats why i went with someone else

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    Its crap dont waste your money.. I had that kit less than a year, and i turned it 2 soup...
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

Black Magic
    Quote Originally Posted by HaHaIwin
    well i have a fully built trans from precision, shift kit, torque converter, stronger spider gears. I'm very happy with it, i'm pushung over 250 now and its holding up just fine......from what i heard level 10 is crap, thats why i went with someone else
    can you give me a link to where you got your tranny setup? i have heard some bad things about level 10 as well, but i dont know where else to get a beefed up auto tranny.. (no 5 speed swap)

i went to a local performance trans shop and talked with them, thats the best way to get what you want out of your trans....the company they got the parts from is percision....they did all the work...make sure its a performance tranny shop thou...

youngcs
    if u have a 7g why don't u just do a transmission swap with a 95-99 eclipse. I don't know what u can do with an 8g though

8ggalant
    Quote Originally Posted by youngcs
    I don't know what u can do with an 8g though
    a tranny swap..check the sig

also he said in his post he didnt want to go 5spd

Black Magic
    no good leads on auto trany's othe than level ten :cry:

Transdude
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(paco)</div><div class='quotemain'>there you go

http://www.importperformancetrans.com/mitsubishiauto.shtml</div>

Hi all.

I'm new here and I'm posting because I saw that my company was mentioned when I was browsing around the web.

I'd be happy to answer any questions regarding performance transmissions or just transmissions in general.

I can't promise that I can get here often, but I'll do my best.

-John

BlankMan
    Well that was quick. Wonder if it was more likely someone noticed a number of click-through's from TGC on the log...

At any rate, welcome, John. Get ready, b/c I'm sure there will be a number of questions coming your way.

J

Transdude
    Well, I've been lurking here on and off for a little while, but when I saw the Level 10 reference it got my attention.

When I saw the IPT reference, I decided to register and post.

-John

Black Magic
    this is great know i can ask all my questions. here we go. my auto tranny on my boosted accord is slipping. and if im gonna rebuild or get a new tranny i want to make sure it can handle alot of horsepower cause i want to raise my boost to about 12 to 15 lbs. should be around 250 to 280 whp. can you tell me how your tranny works? are they just kits how much horsepower will they take? is it just a tranny kit, will it work if my tranny is already slipping? if i send you my tranny would you be able to rebuild the whole thing to handle high boost? do your kits come with torque converter? ill come up with some more just give me a minute..

Transdude
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Black Magic)</div><div class='quotemain'>this is great know i can ask all my questions. Â* here we go. Â*my auto tranny on my boosted accord is slipping. Â*and if im gonna rebuild or get a new tranny i want to make sure it can handle alot of horsepower cause i want to raise my boost to about 12 to 15 lbs. Â*should be around 250 to 280 whp. Â*can you tell me how your tranny works? Â* are they just kits how much horsepower will they take? Â*is it just a tranny kit, Â*will it work if my tranny is already slipping? Â*if i send you my tranny would you be able to rebuild the whole thing to handle high boost? Â*do your kits come with torque converter? Â*ill come up with some more just give me a minute..</div>

Hmm,

One question at a time- I thought this was a Gallant forum anyway :shock:

Explaining how a transmission works is definitely beyond the scope of this post but perhaps I'll post some essays that I wrote on various transmission related subjects when I get a chance.

I have performance overhaul kits but also offer complete performance overhauls. Torque converters are sold separately, but I've been known to work out package deals.

Hondas are substantially different than other autos in the sense that they are more of a hybrid of auto and manual. We have been doing some work with them but perhaps you would like to help us with some further development since you seem to be making some power.

-John

Black Magic
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Transdude)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Black Magic)</div><div class='quotemain'>this is great know i can ask all my questions. Â* here we go. Â*my auto tranny on my boosted accord is slipping. Â*and if im gonna rebuild or get a new tranny i want to make sure it can handle alot of horsepower cause i want to raise my boost to about 12 to 15 lbs. Â*should be around 250 to 280 whp. Â*can you tell me how your tranny works? Â* are they just kits how much horsepower will they take? Â*is it just a tranny kit, Â*will it work if my tranny is already slipping? Â*if i send you my tranny would you be able to rebuild the whole thing to handle high boost? Â*do your kits come with torque converter? Â*ill come up with some more just give me a minute..</div>

Hmm,

Explaining how a transmission works is definitely beyond the scope of this post but perhaps I'll post some essays that I wrote on various transmission related subjects when I get a chance.

I have performance overhaul kits but also offer complete performance overhauls. Torque converters are sold separately, but I've been known to work out package deals.

Hondas are substantially different than other autos in the sense that they are more of a hybrid of auto and manual. We have been doing some work with them but perhaps you would like to help us with some further development since you seem to be making some power.

-John</div>

i wouldnt mind doing some development on the trannies. im in ct so it shouldnt be too far. if you would like i can give you a call this weekend. just post a phone number where i can reach you or email it to me [email protected]

thanks john

Ed

Transdude
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Black Magic)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Transdude)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Black Magic)</div><div class='quotemain'>this is great know i can ask all my questions. Â* here we go. Â*my auto tranny on my boosted accord is slipping. Â*and if im gonna rebuild or get a new tranny i want to make sure it can handle alot of horsepower cause i want to raise my boost to about 12 to 15 lbs. Â*should be around 250 to 280 whp. Â*can you tell me how your tranny works? Â* are they just kits how much horsepower will they take? Â*is it just a tranny kit, Â*will it work if my tranny is already slipping? Â*if i send you my tranny would you be able to rebuild the whole thing to handle high boost? Â*do your kits come with torque converter? Â*ill come up with some more just give me a minute..</div>

Hmm,

-John</div>

i wouldnt mind doing some development on the trannies. im in ct so it shouldnt be too far. if you would like i can give you a call this weekend. just post a phone number where i can reach you or email it to me [email protected]

thanks john

Ed</div>

Your email got bounced back to me.

I'm away all weekend, but feel free to call the shop on Monday. The number is 973 827 9946.

-John

Black Magic
    been real busy at work i will call you as soon as i get a free second.

thanks ed