The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8g nitrous v6..... changing the plugs....

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

8g nitrous v6..... changing the plugs....

ok so i hear people blow through plugs when using nitrous. WEll for us v6 guys it takes like 5 hours to change the plugs isnt that a bitch?

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    major suxors. your using copper plugs right? 1-2 steps colder than stock. change 'em every 3-4 bottles
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Yikes, that sounds expensive - and a pain in the ass. :?

Quote Originally Posted by wanderingpinoy
    $15 every few months? :laughing:

buy a bunch in bulk from ngk.com. use the TGC discount so it's cheaper in the long run. i bought like 50 the other day so i'll never need spark plugs again for the rest of my life

1994 Galant GS 5spd

haha damn 50 that sounds about right lol i used to go through them quickly too but for the 4cyl its almost to easy i had to change plugs on a v6 eclipse once after that i was glad i had a 4
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Quote Originally Posted by peanotation

buy a bunch in bulk from ngk.com. use the TGC discount so it's cheaper in the long run. i bought like 50 the other day so i'll never need spark plugs again for the rest of my life
    Okay, Don't know why I was thinking it would be expensive (maybe its that I'm already spending a wad on the Galant -DOH! )

Quote Originally Posted by peanotation

Okay, Don't know why I was thinking it would be expensive (maybe its that I'm already spending a wad on the Galant -DOH! )
    it is expensive. if you're not doing it yourself. but if you're in that situation, you either learn how to do the plugs yourself or know sum1 to do it for cheap, or you learn not to use the nitrous.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

yah the copper plugs are like $.99 at local auto stores do you guys know how much they are direct from NGK?
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

NGK V-Power plugs 1-2 steps colder than stock range from $1.10 to $1.90 a piece.

1994 Galant GS 5spd

TWISTED II
    if you change your spark plugs like, 4 times, you'll be pro. i had to take my valve cover and shit off so many times when i was building my motor, that after a few times, i had it down to a science. if you gave me just torque specs, i could prolly tear it down and reassemble in like, an hour and a half. if your worried about money, just learn how to do it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by TWISTED II
    if you change your spark plugs like, 4 times, you'll be pro. i had to take my valve cover and shit off so many times when i was building my motor, that after a few times, i had it down to a science. if you gave me just torque specs, i could prolly tear it down and reassemble in like, an hour and a half. if your worried about money, just learn how to do it yourself.
    I hear ya. It's absolutely true.