The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: do 7Gs have fuel cut? interesting a/f reading...

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar

do 7Gs have fuel cut? interesting a/f reading...

so in my 15yearold attitude of literally trying to destroy my auto tranny before i rip it out and shoot it with my shotgun, i was coming home at 4am, and those of you in cali know the weather here is like antarctica right now. anyways, the intake was getting like 70 degrees after 15 minutes of driving, which is insanely low, so i decided to do a few n/a runs up my street before i called it a night. anyways, enough rambling, i put it in L and gunned it from a stop, and shifted into 2nd after the tires got traction, and since aamco rebuilt my auto, it likes to shift like shit, so it was bouncing a few lines into the red for a second, and then shifted. the car felt powerless for split seconds, and i heard low popping (like fuel cut on turbo dsms) right before the shift. so i went again, watching the a/f gauge, and sure enough, just 100rpm past 6K (the red) the a/f slammed right into the red all the way at the bottom.

now i know it isn't a wideband, but it's accurate to 1/20th of the voltage curve, so i KNOW it was lean as shit. i swore 7Gs dont have fuel cut, and i know they don't at a certain speed, but they do on the tachometer?
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Have you ever hit fuel cut in a modded DSM? It's like hitting a fucking brick wall. Based on what you said, I'm almost sure you didn't hit any kind of fuel cut. I could be wrong, but I doubt it. You probably just fouled out a few combustion cycles (didn't completely combust them, it happens sometimes when the air is a bit cold).

yea i was racing some dumb ass neon and he hit fuel cut and his car almost spun out since he was trying to race me.... not to mention we was going down hill
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

yea i was racing some dumb ass neon and he hit fuel cut and his car almost spun out since he was trying to race me.... not to mention we was going down hill
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scootinintegra)</div><div class='quotemain'>Have you ever hit fuel cut in a modded DSM? It's like hitting a fucking brick wall. Based on what you said, I'm almost sure you didn't hit any kind of fuel cut. I could be wrong, but I doubt it. You probably just fouled out a few combustion cycles (didn't completely combust them, it happens sometimes when the air is a bit cold).</div>

well, while it was bouncing between 6,000 and 6,200 on the tach (give or take) it was 2 people were pushing me back and forth between them. it was only first gear, and i could hear light popping, and since i'm not running the same amount of fuel a turboed/modified dsm is, i guess this is my version of fuel cut in first gear. i dont know, could have been the cold air. i'll try again today pending i can get the road alone again.

1994 Galant GS 5spd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>well, while it was bouncing between 6,000 and 6,200 on the tach (give or take) it was 2 people were pushing me back and forth between them. it was only first gear, and i could hear light popping, and since i'm not running the same amount of fuel a turboed/modified dsm is, i guess this is my version of fuel cut in first gear. i dont know, could have been the cold air. i'll try again today pending i can get the road alone again.</div>
    Honestly, that sounds more like a rev limiter to me. Some cars, when subjected to heavy load, drop the rev limit automatically to avoid detonation or mechanical damage. Fuel cut is more of a BAM! and complete power loss. There's no bouncing or anything.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scootinintegra)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>well, while it was bouncing between 6,000 and 6,200 on the tach (give or take) it was 2 people were pushing me back and forth between them. it was only first gear, and i could hear light popping, and since i'm not running the same amount of fuel a turboed/modified dsm is, i guess this is my version of fuel cut in first gear. i dont know, could have been the cold air. i'll try again today pending i can get the road alone again.</div>
    Honestly, that sounds more like a rev limiter to me. Some cars, when subjected to heavy load, drop the rev limit automatically to avoid detonation or mechanical damage. Fuel cut is more of a BAM! and complete power loss. There's no bouncing or anything.</div>

that's probably what it was then, and i guess it's only in first gear (most powerfull gear @ speed anyways) cause it doesn't happen in any other gear. i've gone into the red a few times before in other gears, i guess just it's only in the first one.

1994 Galant GS 5spd

redboy
    ok on my g, my fuel cut isnt like a rough riding fuel cut of gsts or anything, mine just stops, rpms dont go down ne just stops at 6650 rpms. but i know a couple of other g's that have rev limiters that du slightly knok the rpms bak and forth. hope that helps