The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Who has the most miles on an 8G?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 66
    Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar
    01 ES i4...............running strong

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion

99 Ls 68kmiles.... no tranny problem so far....

2001 ES, 140,000 miles. replaced lots of stuff for many reasons. on the same motor n tranny tho, so thats good.
    Accident. Deemed Unfixable. Got a check for it.

I got a 7G 1997 ES, and I bought it off this girl just over a year ago. When I bought it, it had 122,000 miles on it, and they said they recently had the transmission rebuilt. Then, less than a year after that (in about july or august) the tranny went out on me and I had to have it fixed, costing $1500. That was at about 135,000. Now, I have 140,000 and no problems yet. I have a 1 year waranty on my tranny so if anything goes wrong within a year from the day I got it fixed, it's on them.

I plan on selling my car at the beginning of next summer and getting an 8G :twisted: :twisted:

BMW owner. Galant fanatic.

'00 ls 160,00 miles, gotta love royal purple and being on top of regular service. and for the record i'll prolly never sell my g -- to many good memories

27k on my 03 es, I think that i have the lowest(other than a new engine)

"If Wal-Mart is lowering prices everyday, how come nothing is free yet"

shoot i havent driven my galant in like 6 months. it has about 185,000 miles. its a 99 es and i have only changed the oil like 4 times. it ran strong for years. i just overhauled the engine though, full tune, timing belt, water pump, basically the usual except i needed a new harmonic balancer. but 185,000 on nothing but 4 oil changes and an upper radiator hose; ran hella good too. tune up does give it its pep back though.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VIPtint)</div><div class='quotemain'> 185,000 on nothing but 4 oil changes and an upper radiator hose; ran hella good too. Â*tune up does give it its pep back though.</div>
    :shock:

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    Dam I get upset when I see my car showing 82,xxx.. there's some hi mileage beasts out there :shock:

it was my commuter that i let go to ass after the paint went bad. after the tune up it runs so good that i decided to keep it, paint it and fix it up. it already has system, rims, and the leather and interior is still nice. i already have my jdm front conversion in, im just waiting on the rest.

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VIPtint)</div><div class='quotemain'>it was my commuter that i let go to ass after the paint went bad. Â*after the tune up it runs so good that i decided to keep it, paint it and fix it up. it already has system, rims, and the leather and interior is still nice. Â*i already have my jdm front conversion in, im just waiting on the rest.</div>

Multiple topics at once huh? lol

99ES I4, 144,000+. Original Tranny went bad at about 55K, got one rebuilt under warranty...no issues since.

And for the person that asked, i forget who, All service at the Dealership gives you a 1 year, 12,000mile warranty.
    -Pedro

My 2000 ES has 124000 miles and I don't have any problems. Runes great, just have to change out parts to keep it going???

theblackpearl
    02 es i4 had 75k when i did the 5spd swap in november. never got my speedo hooked up after that so i would guess i got around 79k-80k maybe???

shit when bought the car in 03 it had 18k on it lol.. wow ive had my g for like 3 years! crazy shit

Kenjuro
    99 ES 77000 Miles, Tranny fluid changed twice, sometimes it slips a bit, but then it stops doing it, I haev bo clue why.

03 DE with 39k... i only drove 18 miles round trip for work back in biloxi. now that i'm in atlanta, i do so much more driving

01 es 100310 miles on chasis 10k+/- 1000 on new motor
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

PurpleHaze
    2002 w/ 26k, just wanted to show up little blue who said he had the lowest

i'm sitting at 31k now. does your car just sit or did you buy it from an old lady?

"If Wal-Mart is lowering prices everyday, how come nothing is free yet"

PurpleHaze
    I bought it in september from some dude from india with 24k and i don't go out of town too much. I got lucky finding it, it wasn't his daily car

CrazyGalant
    99 ES V6 with 154,000+ and still running. No problem with the motor. Notice that the engine is getting tired.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast