The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: XIR I4 headers

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

XIR I4 headers

Hey guys, over in the Club 3g group buy section there is an interest list started up for the 4g64 headers...they only need 10 people on the list to fulfill the quota inorder to start the project and they so far only have 3 people interested...with our help maybe we can get this project going...for those who are skeptical about this...take a good look at the test car for the 4g64 headers at the RPW website...it is a 3g eclipse...which in turn will be compatible with our vehicle, meaning no downpipe issue...headers should also be compatible with the 8g also...so c'mon guys I know there has been alot of talk with 2g eclispe and obx headers having issues with the down pipe, but this should be the one to work. Lets make this happen.

hey i am in, how much will it cost and also how much will i have to put as a down payment, last thing is how much hp gain will i get.
    1994 GS DOHC 2.4L 5spd (For Sale)
    1996 S SOHC 2.4L 5spd (Up and Running)

TGC Regular
    Have a link?

when is we gon be free????

well herez da link

CLICK HERE
    [/code]

damn 450 i would think it would be cheaper then that.... :? almost same price as rpw
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

BlankMan
    450? I dunno, for $150 more, I'd go with the RIPP header which includes a mid-pipe with HFC and all...

J

brandon
    Or you could spend the money on a 14b, 2G manifold, downpipe, and O2 housing and be on your way.

BlankMan
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlankMan)</div><div class='quotemain'>450? Â*I dunno, for $150 more, I'd go with the RIPP header which includes a mid-pipe with HFC and all...

J</div>

Ooops - sorry guys - the RIPP is for the 8g. I didn't even see this was 7g - sorry for any confusion...

J

TGC Regular
    well it's for the 4g64... It should bolt up to the engine, but 7ger's might need to custom fab the rest :?

Try taking a look at the headers being offered for the 4g64 at RPW, that's a 3g eclispe being test fitted (notice the head light to the bottom left of the picture). Which are the same ones being distrubuted by Vision Imports offered for the 4g64 platforms (7g galant, 2g eclispe spyder). No down pipe issues, long pipe will have enough clearance for the 4g64 bottom end.

If any of you guys are interested, curious or have any questions try giving Extreme Import Racing a call, the # is (818) 889 8560, office hours are M - F 10am - 6pm pacific time

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gottmanMR)</div><div class='quotemain'>Try taking a look at the headers being offered for the 4g64 at RPW, that's a 3g eclispe being test fitted (notice the head light to the bottom left of the picture). Â*Which are the same ones being distrubuted by Vision Imports offered for the 4g64 platforms (7g galant, 2g eclispe spyder). Â*No down pipe issues, long pipe will have enough clearance for the 4g64 bottom end.</div>
    oh.... well i never knew that it would bolt right up.... you hear that 7g'ers we can use a 8g and 3g i4 header.... niceeee

the headers will fit no problem. the downpipe will bring you a slight issue. from what i hear they have to be shortened if you want to use it fit it with the stock cat back.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Mindless
    There will always be downpipe issues when buying a header for another car regardless if the engine is the same. I know because I have an 8g header on my car and instead of just having a dp fab'd I got a complete exhaust done but if I hadn't got the entire exhaust sytem done I would have had to had a dp made. Lets not forget that you will also have issues with 02 sensor locations. Also remember that just because the engine code is the same doesn't mean that the header is fabbed to fit your engine. My 8g header was hitting my oil pan so the shop had to bend it so it wouldn't rub. Also,if your car is lowered, you might have to take ground clearance into account. I've got sportlines on my g and the header is too low to the ground....it rubs constantly so I'm going to have to change my suspension again.

for that price might as well just by rpw ...practically no fitment problems for 7g... just long wait time... :?
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???