The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Are these quality Hoods?

Showing results 1 to 20 of 20

Are these quality Hoods?

i found this link on ebay....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=33646

I know they are not the ones for our cars... but are they worth buying? quality, strength?

anyone have them? any comments please!

a bunch of my friends (not just galant owners) have VIS hoods and they like it. its a strong durable hood. the older ones that i've seen still look new to me.

fitment has also been good but that will differ from hood to hood and from car to car.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Dark7GHawk
    Drives me nuts that nobody makes a hood with the hump for the GS. Oh well, I am likely going to sell my G anyways..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dark7GHawk)</div><div class='quotemain'>Drives me nuts that nobody makes a hood with the hump for the GS. Oh well, I am likely going to sell my G anyways..</div>

this looks like a bump to me... http://socallifestyle.com/LA_meet_10-03/15.jpg

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Dark7GHawk
    The one on that ebay link doesn't have it. But either way, I am selling the G

has anyone bought one of these VIS hoods?..... are they a direct bolt on to the USDM 7g Galant?.... i need details....
    "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

brandon
    The hoods with bump were part of the djplay group buy.

VIS makes them w/o bump.

Experienced TGC Member
    Why do you need the hump? I mean I know WHY... but I'm DOHC with obviously no hump on a stock 97 ES, and it clears the belts fine. No upper timing cover though. I never got around to putting it on, maybe it doesnt fit with the upper cover on.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

I purchased one of those hoods and are excellent quality hoods. The clear make the hood go bling-bling. I would give a "A" for quality and fitment

brandon
    Quote Originally Posted by JiP
    maybe it doesnt fit with the upper cover on.
    Pretty sure I heard that once... but there's a lot of clearance under there anyhow.

guess nobody knows.....

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ViciousLord
    has anyone bought one of these VIS hoods?..... are they a direct bolt on to the USDM 7g Galant?.... i need details....
    See, I'm thinkin from lookin at that pic on ebay, its not gona fit. Or atleast not correctly. The front end of it has 2 curves on each side above where the headlights are. The 7g stock hood doesnt have that, its 1 large curve across the front. So you would have 2 gaps with the VIS hood wouldnt you??
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

brandon
    My guess is those are reference pics as to a typical VIS hood... I know the Galant specific one has been installed on people's cars w/o fitment issues.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brandon
    My guess is those are reference pics as to a typical VIS hood... I know the Galant specific one has been installed on people's cars w/o fitment issues.
    Dont you just hate when people on ebay do that. If I'm gona buy it I want to see a pic of the actual product.
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

same here.... if this hood bolted right on, i would buy one.... and if it worked with the stock latch system....

brandon
    They are a direct fit, but you should be using hood pins to keep that sucker on.

of course... but i just wanted to know if it will latch on, at least....

Thanks people of TGC..... lol, there goes my money..... between the JDM bumper, JDM grills, and this hood... im broke again..... lol, and the best part is the galant isnt even runnin.....

brandon
    Vicious, have you ever posted pics of your car?

How come it's not runnin?

no, i have never posted pics of my car.... oil is getting into chamber 3... major internal oil leak.... valve seal, is worn.. i think.... so instead of fixing it i bought another engine... with alot lower miles.... 41,278 miles....
    and im using the older engine to study with, disassemble and assemble... i havent done anything yet to the new engine but i have some plans....

as for how my car looks... i'll describe it, for now.... its a 95... i painted it BMW cosmo black, its pretty damn black, with matching limo tint... the gauge cluster i matched them with my greddy gauges (green numbering, red pointer) oh and i did some custom fiberglassing and mounted 3 52mm greddy gauges in the extra DIN slot under the radio, it looks like the car came with them.... lowered with the pro-kit and KYB AGXs' in the rear and GR-2's up front.... real BREMBO cross drilled rotors... gunmetal rims with a polished lip... and now i ordered the same bumper and grill inserts as Maz... and ill also be getting this VIS hood... but im gonna paint it like DjPlay did, with the middle part in CF and the outer portion painted to match the car......

my main goal with this car was not to be seen at night... well i have accomplished this... one day ill have some pics

brandon
    Sounds pretty sweet. Take some pics!