The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What is the recommended fuel octanage for the 8g

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 29

What is the recommended fuel octanage for the 8g

I have a 4 cyl. I was putting 89 octane fuel, but here in Miami gas is expensive, so I am putting 87 octane fuel now, but will like to know what is the recommended by mitsubishi?

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    in the owners manual it says 89 for minium octane. but i always go with 91. or the occasional 100 gas outhere is $2.30 for the good shit (91)

here is 87,89 and 93 octanage

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darylvia)</div><div class='quotemain'>here is 87,89 and 93 octanage</div>
    whats the prices?

i would assume its the same as here,(45 min north of miami) and its 87-1.91, 89- 1.96, 93-2.02

here is more expensive. 93 octane is more than 2.05 for sure. Thats why I will like to know what is the recommended for the galant. I heard it is 93 octane.

i use 93 im from chicago so gas is around 2.25 for premium i believe in the 4cyl. its 87 (RON) and for v6 its 93(RON) if im not mistaken

Well I have a 4 cyl, I had been looking online but can't find it

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(krispy03)</div><div class='quotemain'> but i always go with 91. or the occasional 100 Â*:</div>
    Why?

Mathas
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darylvia)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well I have a 4 cyl, I had been looking online but can't find it</div>
    Apparently you haven't been looking all that hard.

Posts #4 and #5 in this thread, and post #13 in this thread both answer your question, and both threads were within the first 10 results of a search for "octane".

sdf

about 2.50 for 89 where i am in the bay area

clone2020
    Regular (87) unless Premium (92) is required which the I4 does NOT require Premium.

from about.com
    http://autorepair.about.com/library/weekly...y/aa060504a.htm

"Are you tempted to buy a high-octane gasoline for your car because you want to improve its performance? If so, take note: the recommended gasoline for most cars is regular octane. In fact, in most cases, using a higher octane gasoline than your owner's manual recommends offers absolutely no benefit. It won't make your car perform better, go faster, get better mileage or run cleaner. Your best bet: listen to your owner's manual.

The only time you might need to switch to a higher octane level is if your car engine knocks when you use the recommended fuel.

Unless your engine is knocking, buying higher octane gasoline is a waste of money."

-MIKE.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scootinintegra)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(krispy03)</div><div class='quotemain'> but i always go with 91. or the occasional 100 Â*:</div>
    Why?</div>
    why, what? the 91? or 100?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(krispy03)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scootinintegra)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(krispy03)</div><div class='quotemain'> but i always go with 91. or the occasional 100 Â*:</div>
    Why?</div>
    why, what? the 91? or 100?</div>

why are u using something that isn't regular grade gas in your car on a slightly modified i4?

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

paco
    4cyl 87 octane and 6cyl 91 octane. Higher octane on either car is a waste of money. You don't need to go higher unless your engine is geting detonation, you are boosting or running high compression. Read the link that clone2020 posted.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(krispy03)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scootinintegra)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(krispy03)</div><div class='quotemain'> but i always go with 91. or the occasional 100 Â*:</div>
    Why?</div>
    why, what? the 91? or 100?</div>

why are u using something that isn't regular grade gas in your car on a slightly modified i4?</div>
    i put a gal or two of 100 about every 6 months or so to help clean my engine.
    and it has a slower burning rate.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(krispy03)</div><div class='quotemain'>i put a gal or two of 100 Â*about every 6 months or so to help clean my engine.
    and it has a slower burning rate.</div>

where are u getting gas?? most gas stations now sell gas that already contain cleansers in them. even in their regular grade fuels...

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(krispy03)</div><div class='quotemain'>i put a gal or two of 100 Â*about every 6 months or so to help clean my engine.
    and it has a slower burning rate.</div>

where are u getting gas?? most gas stations now sell gas that already contain cleansers in them. even in their regular grade fuels...</div>
    i know. i get cheveron with techron. cant i spend MY money on MY galant the way i want to?

paco
    clean your engine? slower burning rate? where did you get this from? Octane is "the numerical measure of the anti-knock properties of motor fuel" it has nothing to do with slower burning or cleaning. But you're right, it's YOUR money.

clone2020
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(krispy03)</div><div class='quotemain'>i know. i get cheveron with techron. cant i spend MY money on MY galant the way i want to?</div>

We're just trying to help you out.

-MIKE.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast