The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What is the recommended fuel octanage for the 8g

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 29 of 29
    I use nothing but Amoco Ultimate. price varys from 2.10-2.45.

did you know that most stations mix regular in the premium. :shock:

91 for 5 years now.
    myspace.com/xxxJ3ffReYxxx
    TEAM TGCLV
    TEAM DOWNFORCE
    LVEVO.org

so if u have 6cyl. what happens if u run 89 octane will it mess up anything i've been using 93 but man its hurting my wallet. so if it will mess up anything i won't even consider using 89 and i'll just keep hurting my wallet so... thats my final answer

i run regular sometimes. only when im desperate though. which is alot of times.

but really it isn't worth the money. i just put it in more as a placebo. i mean i haven't felt any long term negative effects from running regular but sometimes i do have dreams at night where my car breaks down and blows up cuz i keep putting regular gasoline. but thats just in my dreams.

i do notice that my car doesn't run as nicely with regular and that my fuel economy does go down which overall means that regular would be a waste of money.

i say spend a few cents more on premium, have that higher fuel economy And better peformance out of your v6.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

First of all, octanage isn't a word.

Second of all, yes, krispy, spend your money however the hell you want, but..why? Don't be an ignorant, naive oaf just because you feel like it. You can run 100 octane all you want, but just realize that it's not going to help you at all. You're just wasting money. It doesn't clean out anything any better than other gasolines.

To whoever said it doesn't burn slower than a lower octane gas: Silence. Your misinformation is not needed in this thread.

People, just run the recomended octane gasoline! If your car is capable of running on 89, in no way will 91, or anything else for that matter, help your performance, maintenance, or cleanliness of your engine.

clone2020
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scootinintegra)</div><div class='quotemain'>First of all, octanage isn't a word. </div>

Maybe he meant "OCTANGLE".

as in "Those darn octangle stop signs keep getting in my way."

or...

The 8th month after July is Octangle.

or...

An 8 sided angle equals an octangle.

note: It's a thousand times more hilarious when you haven't slept for 2 days.

-MIKE.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    ^ lmao :lauging:
    7g for life!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(clone2020)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scootinintegra)</div><div class='quotemain'>First of all, octanage isn't a word. </div>

Maybe he meant "OCTANGLE".

as in "Those darn octangle stop signs keep getting in my way."

or...

The 8th month after July is Octangle.

or...

An 8 sided angle equals an octangle.

note: It's a thousand times more hilarious when you haven't slept for 2 days.

-MIKE.</div>
    That just made my day...rofl

paco
    Quote Originally Posted by scootinintegra

To whoever said it doesn't burn slower than a lower octane gas: Silence. Your misinformation is not needed in this thread.
    That was me :oops: I stand corrected, I contradicted myself. First I said that it prevents knocking and then I go and say that is not slower burning because it IS slower burning is that it prevents knocking. But I say it again, higher octane on a lightly modified engine is a waste.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12