The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ECU Software Update? Sir Manybrews?

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    Senior TGC Member

ECU Software Update? Sir Manybrews?

Basically heard this on Club 3G, that an update to the ECU is now available at some dealer service centers. Is this just a false rumor or is it true? I don't want to end up looking more ridiculous than I already do if I ask for an update...
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

there are a few ECU updates, but they are for select cars and select problems.

mainly its dealing with a "check engine" light thats coming on occasionally from an incorrectly monitored misfire... the vehicals arent actually misfiring, but the software says they are.

thats all they are changing.. its loosening up the the parameters a bit.. and its only on a "as needed" basis anyway.
    no worries... it changes nothing else on the vehical.

Senior TGC Member
    Ah I see...so I can't really request it be done anyway eh. Supposedly it makes the ECU more aftermarket friendly...any truth to that one as well?
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Quote Originally Posted by Rallifan
    Ah I see...so I can't really request it be done anyway eh. Supposedly it makes the ECU more aftermarket friendly...any truth to that one as well?
    nah..
    thats not true.

frankly, if the aftermarket can crack the decription at all, id be surprised.

you may be able to request it be done, but im not sure.. no one ever has. we just fix them as needed, and its not a lot of cars that even have this problem.
    ill bet only 5 percent of the applicable cars ever come in for this problem.

Senior TGC Member
    Thanks for the info, I'll see what my dealership says about it Friday.