The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: the list so far

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
    Galant-UNIT(sur_texas)

the list so far

4G63T Exhaust Manifold ----<span style='color:red'>check</span>
    4G63T O2 Sensor Housing (Ported 2g Preferred)------<span style='color:red'>check</span>
    4G63T Downpipe - 2G FWD------<span style='color:red'>check</span>
    big 16g Turbo ( i know i should go bigger but 16g is fine with me)---- <span style='color:red'>not yet</span>
    High-Flow air filter & MAS Adaptor-----<span style='color:red'>check</span>
    Intake Pipe from MAS to Turbo ---<span style='color:red'>not yet</span>
    Intercooler ------<span style='color:red'>not yet </span>
    Intercooler Piping---- <span style='color:red'>not yet</span>
    Blow off valve (BOV) - 1G is fine----<span style='color:red'>check</span>
    Boost Gauge-----<span style='color:red'>check</span>
    EGT Gauge <-- Yes, it's a MUST HAVE----- <span style='color:red'>not yet</span>
    Gauge Mounting ----- <span style='color:red'>check</span>
    Gasket: Head to Exhaust Manifold-----<span style='color:red'>nop</span>
    Gasket: Turbo to Exhaust Manifold------<span style='color:red'>nop</span>
    Gasket: O2 Housing to Turbo-----<span style='color:red'>nop</span>
    Gasket: O2 Housing to downpipe------<span style='color:red'>nop</span>
    Spark Plugs: NGK BKR7E (NGK's part number 6097) <-these are 2 heat ranges cooler------<span style='color:red'>nop</span>
    Misc Nuts, Bolts, Washers, hose clamps, etc.
    Turbo oil Supply Line (Stainless braided preferred) ----<span style='color:red'>check</span>
    Turbo oil return Line from a stock 2G setup----<span style='color:red'>check</span>
    2G turbo oil pan ---<span style='color:red'>nop</span>
    Turbo water lines (feed & return) + rubber coolant hose to connect to engine.----<span style='color:red'>nop</span>
    Higher flow Fuel Pump (Walbro 190lph is plenty) ----<span style='color:red'>nop</span>
    Bigger Injectors (Stock 4G63T 450cc Injectors OK with turbo car resistor pack wired in)---<span style='color:red'>nop</span>
    Apex-i S-AFC---<span style='color:red'>nop</span>
    OBD-II Datalogger-----<span style='color:red'>nop</span>

2.5"-3" Hi-Flow Cat or Test Pipe---<span style='color:red'>nop</span>
    2.5"-3" Cat-Back exhaust System---<span style='color:red'>nop</span>
    Heat shields for the Exhaust Manifold & O2 Sensor Housing----<span style='color:red'>check</span>
    Turbo with a 34mm Wastegate flapper modification (needed to help prevent boost creep with larger exhaust)----<span style='color:red'>nop</span>
    2G Turbo ECU ---- <span style='color:red'>check</span>
    Oil Pressure & Coolant Temperature Gauge---<span style='color:red'>nop</span>
    Heavy duty Clutch (ACT, Centerforce, Clutch Masters, etc)---nop
    Quaife Limited Slip Differential--- <span style='color:red'>nop</span>
    1g TB--<span style='color:red'>check</span>

<span style='color:darkblue'>I also need a manual or electrical boost controller right?

those are all the parts for the turbo set up ?</span>

gotta love ebay :mrgreen:

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Pretty much. Dont forget the flange for your 1g BOV. Can be had at many DSM shops(RRE, SBR, DSMotorsport, ect...). Lets see what else, you can use your stock 02 sensor, LSD isnt a must but it would be nice. The BM tranny insert is crap. GO with a Quaife or Kaaz clutch type. I cant think of anything else, but I will here in a few hours.
    7g for life!

brandon
    I'd go with the turbochargers.com oil return line.

Also, if you're doing the ECU swap, you'll need some other parts unless you have a GS.

You'll also need a j-pipe and various hoses, clamps, etc.

ken inn
    i recommend you go with the evo 3 16g over the big 16g. it will spool faster, it will severly outflow the big 16g(38 lbs vs 44 lbs, 44lbs is 20g range), it is lighter, less expensive, has a better wastegate(dont need the larger flapper), and has better alloy in the turbine housing. from personal experience, i just installed an evo turbo in place of a big 16g, and the difference is astounding. actually, for your setup, i would recommend a 14b. 16g is too big for 450's. a 14b can easily outflow 450's.

Galant-UNIT(sur_texas)
    the 450's i just copy the list of the part. for the evo 3 16g
    you what need like 720cc ?

and the ecu is the 2g turbo ecu

brandon
    It really comes down to how much you'll be boosting. More boost = bigger injectors.

If you're going to keep the motor stock you won't want to run more than 9psi, and you won't need anything bigger than 450s in that case.

If you're upgrading the motor and running 15-20psi, then you'll need the bigger guys.

ken inn
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Galant-UNIT(sur_texas))</div><div class='quotemain'>the 450's i just copy the list of the part. for the evo 3 16g Â*
    you what need like 720cc ?

and the ecu is the 2g turbo ecu</div>

you must have very big plans. i have a ported evo 3 at 23 lbs boost, and i havent maxxed out my 650's. how much boost you planning on running? and only an afc? no internals? you aint gonna boost more than about 8 lbs without internals, or bf intercooler.

Galant-UNIT(sur_texas)
    u know what guys, i will go with the 14b for now and then later on IF big if i still have my g i will upgrade it

plus i just got my texas grant for college but i already paid for the semestre an i received 1000. so you know where thats going lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=33553 <---THIS WOULD DO, RIGHT?

brandon
    Sounds like a good plan...

Good price on the AFC... jump on it.

Or Here if that auction goes to high
    7g for life!

Galant-UNIT(sur_texas)
    would a 2.5" exhaust piping do ?

2.5" is fine if you keep with a small turbo setup. But if you plan on going with a 50trim or bigger then I would go 3". Im using a big16g and I have a 2.5" turbo to flex pipe -> 3" flex pipe back. But I plan on getting at least a 57 trim in the near future. I would definitely not go less then 2.5"
    7g for life!

brandon
    There's one or two guys on 4G64 that have the stock exhaust with a 14b... but I also recommend 2.5". I have 2.5" from the turbo all the way back with a 14b.

Galant-UNIT(sur_texas)
    hey brandon, you have a 14b right?

if you do,

did you did the tranny swap?

have you already check how many sec. you did in the 1/4?

Brandon is stock auto and 15.3s 1/4 with minimal tuning and 6-7psi of boost.
    7g for life!

brandon
    ... and yes it's a 14b.

Only planned tranny mods are the shiftronic and maybe a more efficient/bigger cooler.