The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: time to decide...pros vs. cons

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 31 of 31
    Hello

I wonder if anybody has any experience with that FIAS setup (which you can read about a lot on the 3G forums) in the Galant. Hell, anyway I didn't even see a lot of Eclipses with that yet, so any input would be great. And would a FMIC fit in the 8G? Thanks

I don't have that setup yet.. but what I have heard is that the FIAS setup is sofar the best setup out there that comes complete, it will also give good numbers you'll get around 300whp or more depending which kit you get, I'm personally gonna go with their 11psi setup when I get the money. What are you talking about that there isn't that much eclipses with that... as far as I've seen there is quite a few with them.. you might want to talk to a guy by the name of eclipsepenguin over there.. he has the setup and you might want to talk to these people as a majority has this kit or of similar type... http://club3gfl.com/forum/

Quote Originally Posted by gtx
    Hello

I wonder if anybody has any experience with that FIAS setup (which you can read about a lot on the 3G forums) in the Galant. Hell, anyway I didn't even see a lot of Eclipses with that yet, so any input would be great. And would a FMIC fit in the 8G? Thanks
    <a href='http://ipods.freepay.com/?r=22659223' target='_blank'>http://ipods.freepay.com/?r=22659223</a>

Ohh, I forgot to mention I'm a V6. Believe me I try to follow those forums, especially this one: http://www.eclipseforums.org/fortopic166317.html but of course I might be wrong. Anyway thanks for the feedback, looking at the setup I thought it looks good, but I wanted to hear it from somebody who has the same kit, not just similar. And in a G. I was just thinking how many people have got the SDS, and still you hear everything. Anyway thanx, good luck with yours.

8ggalant
    [quote="Insane99"]
    You dont need to do internals on an Evo engine unless you want numbers surpassing 500whp. Stock internals are good for at least that.

Stock evo will not hold 500 hp for very long. You can run between 350 and 400 for about 2 years RELIABLY. But yeah, build that thing for 600hp :twisted: .
    where did u get this information? i know people locally w/ 400whp cars (w/ stock internals daily driven...ive known one of the people for the past 3 years and the car has had the same set up if your are talking about power and reliablity are relative....sure a supra w/ a built motor will take 1k whp for a while....but eventially it Will break...

the evo(and all other 4g63t's) has FORGED internals stock...500 reliably for a long time may not be likely...but not impossible either....

do u have any experiance w/ this motor or are u just statin sumthing u read somewhere (i yes i DO have experiance w/ this motor), ive ive seen plenty of dd evos and dsm w/ stock internals hold alot of power over a long period of time.

cali i agree with dave...boost the v6 bro

Cali hasnt posted in awhile, so knowing him he is up to something...be on the look out.. lol

8ggalant
    http://www.eclipseforums.org/gate.html?nam...wtopic&t=172712

hey bro found that on club3g thought u may be interested (a bit pricey tho)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mante)</div><div class='quotemain'>Cali hasnt posted in awhile, so knowing him he is up to something...be on the look out.. lol</div>

true true im scared!!!!!
    Diego

Censee
    yea i know what hes up to,,anwyays about the supercharger and turbo thing,,u know its funny,,ive recently been reading alot on club3g and club3gflorida websites and it seems the sds has had tons of problems,,and theres alot of turboed guys in club3gfl that have had the their motors turboed for awhile without any serious problems,,weird being that supoposedly our motors 'supposedly' cannot be turboed without any poroblems,,,this whole FI issue is one big ass confusion...seems everyone leads u to think a certain way...

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Whether it be SDS or Turbo, boost is boost. Though be it SDS reaches boost off the line, still you run the same amount and make the same amount of power with the same sized turbos/superchargers. Your car will respond the same to boost whether it be from a SDS system or turbocharged system(yes there will be some difference, but just because its a turbo, doesnt mean that it is going to break all the welds on your intake manifold and make your floor boards fall out!)
    7g for life!

wanst that NAWZ that ruined the eclipse on fast n furious? im thinking going SDS.... Matt made me happy to know that his G wips even STI asses
    Diego

i'm doin turbo....payin 5 grand plus 1100 more for headers is ridiculous...when you can buy turbo parts cheaper, and save that extra money for good electronics, gauges, etc
    President Team DNA IL Chapter
    [email protected]
    www.dnaracing.net

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12