The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: some turboing questions....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 28 of 28
    GalantGuy96
    oooo ok thanks, u got everything excpet the tranny cooler question.
    and you are an auto right???
    also, how much hp are u putting out with your setup?
    i want to put out a good amount of hp with stock internals, so should i still get a 14b?
    i plan on running 9 psi at the MOST, will the 14b be good enough? cuase it definitly is a lot cheaper.

brandon
    Right now I have the stock tranny cooler, but I do believe you can buy any universal aftermarket one and just rig it if you want. Level Ten might sell 'em...

I have no real plans to upgrade my tranny until something goes wrong, other than getting the Shiftronic kit.

My guess on horsepower is around 180 right now, but should get closer to 200 with a FMIC and piping.

If you're planning on 9psi, 14b is the best bang for your buck.

1166gvr4
    Before you start buying anything not to be a smart ass but its obvious that you dont know anything about forced induction, go read up find out how it works.find out what you need to support it find out how all that works, Turbo selection should not be based on price base it on what you are trying to do. The 14b was the turbo they put on all the automatic dsm's the t25 or tdo5h are small 16g's, Any turbo can hit 10 pounds, its selecting one that has the best efficiency and produces the best volume, and yet has the shortest spool time, i have run huge 70 trim wheels that didnt boost until 4600rpms, i have run 20g tdo5h's that put out = volume but spool at 2900, read up before you blow your car up i have years of experience and some things you just have to learn and this is one of them unless you have deeeeeeeeep pockets.

wow.. way to bring back an old post

and the t25 is not a small 16g. and a td05h-14b is not a small 16g either, although they share the same turbine wheel, the compressor wheel is different...

actually.. i just read through the thread, and this has already been answered correctly. why did you bring this back up???

oh, and since i'm already replying to this, brandon, that seems like rather slow spool up for a 14b. the agp l2r (54 lb/min turbo) can reach full spool by 3800rpm on the 2.0L.

brandon
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sabzi5858)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    oh, and since i'm already replying to this, brandon, that seems like rather slow spool up for a 14b. Â*the agp l2r (54 lb/min turbo) can reach full spool by 3800rpm on the 2.0L.</div>

I'll check it again...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(1166gvr4)</div><div class='quotemain'>Before you start buying anything not to be a smart ass but its obvious that you dont know anything about forced induction, go read up find out how it works.find out what you need to support it find out how all that works, Turbo selection should not be based on price base it on what you are trying to do. The 14b was the turbo they put on all the automatic dsm's the t25 or tdo5h are small 16g's, Any turbo can hit 10 pounds, its selecting one that has the best efficiency and produces the best volume, and yet has the shortest spool time, i have run huge 70 trim wheels that didnt boost until 4600rpms, i have run 20g tdo5h's that put out = volume but spool at 2900, read up before you blow your car up i have years of experience and some things you just have to learn and this is one of them unless you have deeeeeeeeep pockets.</div>
    You sir, are a retard.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(1166gvr4)</div><div class='quotemain'>Before you start buying anything not to be a smart ass but its obvious that you dont know anything about forced induction, go read up find out how it works.find out what you need to support it find out how all that works, Turbo selection should not be based on price base it on what you are trying to do.</div>
    I agree, if you dont know anything about it you should research first

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> The 14b was the turbo they put on all the automatic dsm's</div>
    No they didnt. 14b was on the 5spd 1gs, 13gs were on the 1g autos.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>the t25 or tdo5h are small 16g's</div>
    What???? The t25 is a t25 and it isnt a tdo5h. And not all td05h are 16gs, some are 14bs, 16gs, big 16gs, 20gs. Its just the compressor housing, doesnt mean its any turbo.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Any turbo can hit 10 pounds, its selecting one that has the best efficiency and produces the best volume, and yet has the shortest spool time</div>
    Correct.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>i have run huge 70 trim wheels that didnt boost until 4600rpms, i have run 20g tdo5h's that put out = volume but spool at 2900, read up before you blow your car up i have years of experience and some things you just have to learn and this is one of them unless you have deeeeeeeeep pockets.</div>
    For years of experience, you sure dont know your turbos...
    7g for life!

yeah, i thought they put 13gs on one of the autos, but i didn't wanna mention it cause i couldn't find it when i did a quick search to confirm :oops:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12