The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Will this work?

Showing results 1 to 20 of 20

Will this work?

Will this work in my 8G? What problems would I have?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=7927077601
    Love,
    Matt

Not sure if the 97 galant is compatible with our 8g or 7g.
    Love,
    Matt

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    6a13 is 8g. 6a12 is 7g. JDM 97+ is 8g, 93-96 is 7g I believe or something around those lines.

Should be a direct drop in, axles may or may not fit. You will need to do a lot of wiring, run the vr4 ecu, depending on whether that car was 5spd or Auto that could add more wiring. I dont think it is impossible by any means, just a big project

[Edit]
    Just read the entire auction. its an auto with the ecu and uncut harness. THat right there is an awesome deal!
    7g for life!

8ggalant
    hey matt...from what mante told me yer gonna need a FTO tranny from japan, and yer gonna have to do a little customization/modifications to the mounting locations...b...correct me if im wrong

More feedback is needed. Has anyone done this yet?

I have a shop in Vegas that can do it, they are very very good with a very good reputation on the Westcoast. Its just gonna be dependant on how much I can come up with for the customization.
    Love,
    Matt

hey matt, just remember good old Z

hey matt, just DO IT!

You might need an FTO fwd tranny or just a tranny from a JDM NA 6a13 Galant. I think the tranny is the easy part though.
    7g for life!

This sounds like it might be more of a pain in the ass then it might be worth.
    Love,
    Matt

matt, i was looking at doing this too...it will drop in without a problem since we already have a v6....(mante had a i4 which is why is was a bit different) the mounts are exactly the same...harness and ecu..that's all you need to run it....jdm stock at least... here in lies the two reasons why i would not get it:

1) its' an AUTO...if you like it, then hop on this!
    2) the back turbo (between teh engine and firewall) is gonna be EXTREMELY hard to upgrade....there is not much room back there and the stockers are extremely tiny...might want to research a bit to see how big of a turbo you can fit back there.

if you decide to try it let me know im still thinking about doing it if i can find one like this but in manual.
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

Quote Originally Posted by Cali
    matt, i was looking at doing this too...it will drop in without a problem since we already have a v6....(mante had a i4 which is why is was a bit different) the mounts are exactly the same...harness and ecu..that's all you need to run it....jdm stock at least... here in lies the two reasons why i would not get it:

1) its' an AUTO...if you like it, then hop on this!
    2) the back turbo (between teh engine and firewall) is gonna be EXTREMELY hard to upgrade....there is not much room back there and the stockers are extremely tiny...might want to research a bit to see how big of a turbo you can fit back there.

if you decide to try it let me know im still thinking about doing it if i can find one like this but in manual.
    why dont you ask the ebay seller? as far as i know he has more and provably different VR4 clips, who knows maybe he has a manual one

Would the tranny be AWD? Would there be issues with that as to fitment or compatibility?
    Love,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by VegasMatt
    Would the tranny be AWD? Would there be issues with that as to fitment or compatibility?
    it would be an awd tranny, fitment should be fine you would just have to modify the transfer case to convert it to fwd only...

What kind of HP numbers too on this motor would I see?
    Love,
    Matt

not too high unfortunately..i believe mante only dynoed around the area of 150 or so whp :cry:

mante says that you cant modify the transfer case with it breaking..possibly tru however i have a friend who owns an older turbo mazda who converted it to fwd...has had no problems for 4+ years...i see a lot of wrx's converted as well to just fwd or rwd without problems too...mitsubishi's tranny could just suck so i guess there's no way to know 100% for sure unless you try. :?

I thought he dynoed around 180-190awhp. I know the 6a13tt is around 260-280bhp. I dont see what the problem is with this motor, if the transmission is the bottleneck or the engine itself. But the 6a12tt has potential. ako has a 7gvr4 and he ran a 12s 1/4 with basic mods. I guess he is 5spd as well but still. The 6a13tt should have plenty of potential, it uses TINY stock turbos. Maybe you are better off running a single large turbo like the supra guys do.

As for the transfer case, Im sure you can get that taken care of. Send it off to Shepard or D&M Tranny.

Also converting to AWD is a task. Everything has to be precise and very strong or you will regret ever doing the project. AWD puts way more stress on the drivetrain then FWD or RWD.
    7g for life!

@14psi it was at 236awhp/256torque thats with a now corrected leak of pressure going to the front wastegate. the quarter well I suck at it..IF I can sneak into high 13's with no exhaust/intercooler upgrades I can live with that until my built 6a13 is completed. FPR will be added as well as an upgraded section of the fuel rail that is known to starve the rear bank of fuel. Amazingly its only a 70 dollar upgrade, somehting the 3si guys put me onto....Someone needs to create a A/F guage that can monitor both banks at the same time without having to pay for two.

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    I thought he dynoed around 180-190awhp. I know the 6a13tt is around 260-280bhp. I dont see what the problem is with this motor, if the transmission is the bottleneck or the engine itself. But the 6a12tt has potential. ako has a 7gvr4 and he ran a 12s 1/4 with basic mods. I guess he is 5spd as well but still. The 6a13tt should have plenty of potential, it uses TINY stock turbos. Maybe you are better off running a single large turbo like the supra guys do.

As for the transfer case, Im sure you can get that taken care of. Send it off to Shepard or D&M Tranny.

Also converting to AWD is a task. Everything has to be precise and very strong or you will regret ever doing the project. AWD puts way more stress on the drivetrain then FWD or RWD.
    opps sorry on the misquote mante.