The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 6a13tt Conversion parts list

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

6a13tt Conversion parts list

6a13tt Conversion

This will be a way for me to try to answer questions as far as successfully dropping a Galant/Legnum Vr4 6a13tt into a Usdam Galant (3gen eclipse and stratus guys this may work for you too).

From this point on remember that when I say:
    Vr4 I am referring to Galant/LegnumVr4
    Galant I am referring to Usdam Galant/eclipse/stratus

Required Parts:

1. 6A13tt motor (all accessories are exactly the same as US counterparts) from a Vr4 850-1000USD

2. FWD transmission (cant remember model #) from Mitsu FTO GP or GPX (auto or manual) with Axles. Chances are you will not be able to purchase the tranny separately so expect to spend up to 2,000.00 for the motor and trans. If your going manual you will need to get the required parts i.e linkage, shifter, clutch pedal?etc

3. Standalone EMS,
    Haltech E6X NEW EMS US $1,069.00
    E6X Connector Kit: US$64.00
    3 Bar MAP Sensor (Turbo 30psi max): US$127.00
    Waste Gate Solenoid (Electronic Boost Controller): US$76.00
    Electronic Boost Control Trim: US$50.00

4. I4 owners will need to purchase the V6 sub-frame 100.00 from a junkyard and have 2? spacers added to the undercarriage with longer bolts. As well as the V6 wiring harness

5. Take the accessory belts and timing belts to a local parts store and match them up. Its so much easier to do while the motor is on a stand.

Misconceptions:

This section is based on rumors from person?s that have no clue, have never seen a 6a13tt or have yet to decide to ask the one person that has gone this far?cough

1. This motor will drop directly into a USDM Galant with no alignment worries, actually since the USDM model did not come with double wishbone suspension we actually have more room under the hood.
    2. There is no clearance issues with the firewall and the rear turbo (td03-6c?s) upgrading to td04-9b?s is something to think about. I have not found out if the Td04-13g/15g will fit.
    3. Since there is no wiring harness for the Vr4 mating the two harnesses is next to impossible, though doable for someone inclined.
    4. Modifying the AWD transmission by removing the front transfer case will destroy the transmission. Same principal that 1/2nd gen GSX owners have pressed upon me. But if you must go ahead, when you hear a ?whurring? sound you know the transmission is dead.

Installation:

1. Remove the following: Engine/transmission, axles, sub-frame front bumper, both fenders. I4 owners will now want to replace the wiring harness at this junction too.
    2. A 2.5? hole will have to be cut into the car to allow the inter-cooler piping to route down on the passenger side. The battery will also have to be moved to behind the driver-side headlight.
    3. Install the 6a13 with the FTO transmission, plug in all existing components of the wiring harness. Everything else will be connected to the EMS (stock boost controller solenoid, coil packs ( I believe this is referred to as a wasted spark setup)) while its still in the air install the axles and reassemble the braking system. Leave off the body panels
    4. Install the EMS. If your comfortable setting the haltech go ahead its pretty much plug and play.
    5. Lastly custom exhaust work, 3" is enough for most if 4" is needed..wow I'll be speechless.

Why didn?t I finish this conversion: Simple I have a Vr4 to play with now

not to sound stupid, but what year FTO, or does it matter?
    Mike

another stupid question, does it have to be an FTO tranny, (hard as f*ck to find)
    Mike

Just about any year FTO will work I believe, I have not found a trans that will bolt to the block of the 6a13tt Im still looking. Gasket matching is so fun

TGC Regular
    Mante , how much HP would we be looking at? I know its not about the initial HP , its what it can be built upon. But for the hell of it.. whats the initial hp
    Donovan J.

Need something from england..or other eastern nations holla...
    I dont mind looking.

Car: Toyota Soarer GT-T Jspec "Limited"
    Galant: at home chillaxen :(

there is an FTO engine and tranny on ebay right now if you care to look, i believe it was $550 for the engine and tranny and $300 shipping from sacremento (don't quote me on that though, i know it was in cali somewhere)

TGC Regular
    Im not clear on this ..it would be an engie swap , and I guess the 8g's can do it right? How about motor mounts?
    Donovan J.

I dont mind looking.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(thebirdman13)</div><div class='quotemain'>there is an FTO engine and tranny on ebay right now if you care to look, i believe it was $550 for the engine and tranny and $300 shipping from sacremento (don't quote me on that though, i know it was in cali somewhere)</div>

Yup yup, I have been watching the price of that 6a12 & trans price drop. If it drops again its very likely I'll get it, as it stands now I want that motor! Anybody want to split the cost of it by all means let me know. My garage really doesnt need another trans sitting around.

Donovan: your questions wont be answered cause you already know the answers, hell read the initial post does it mention anything about needing new mounts?????

Mindless
    Check ebay for the 3 bar map sensors. They usually go fo half of what is listed...maybe this will save some people some $$$.

TGC Regular
    Ah I see now , ..As usual I didnt read thoroughly
    Alot more then a direct bolt up SDS..definietly something to pursue
    Donovan J.

I dont mind looking.