The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: DIY Tutorial: Eliminating Severe "Cloudy" headligh

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Showing results 61 to 73 of 73
    Another Staten Islander eh? There's a lot of them floating about these forums. Are there any Galant clubs or groups or anything in the SI area you know of?

(sorry for OT)

Anyway, I'm going to give that brake fluid thing a quick try before I run off to work.

BMW owner. Galant fanatic.

Quote Originally Posted by NiTrOuSoXiDe
    Another Staten Islander eh? There's a lot of them floating about these forums. Are there any Galant clubs or groups or anything in the SI area you know of?

(sorry for OT)

Anyway, I'm going to give that brake fluid thing a quick try before I run off to work.
    hey what's up and welcome to TGC, you should go post in the new members section and get an official welcome. As far as galant clubs or groups you can check out www.tgcny.com and also check out the East Coast forum, for local meets and or shows or whatever that might be coming up. As a matter of fact we are meeting up in New Rochelle on Saturday the 26th. Where in SI are you at? I am in Westerleigh.
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Staten Island, New York. & Piscataway, NJ
    Quote Originally Posted by NiTrOuSoXiDe

(sorry for OT)

yeah man, like jaydee said above, TGC NY.

check out our website and become active man

www.tgcny.com

Definately! Thanks!

By the way, I tried the brake fluid thing, and for some reason it worked WONDERS for my turning signal, it looks brand new, but didn't do anything for the headlight. I scrubed and scrubed and scrubed and scrubed and still is cloudy as hell. When I drive at night, you can actually see how messed up the light is because one headlight makes a nice clear beam of light that lights up the ground while the other side doesn't do much.

BMW owner. Galant fanatic.

do you think i could mold lexan or plexi to the headlight housing and just remove the lens altogether? i mean, would the beam be destorted or straight?
    also, would a dremel with a soft buffing tip work for the high speed buffer?

replying to myself, the dremel buffing attatchment does work and my lights look like new

i did mine with that 3M set.......... it was a fail....... When i touch my headlight its smooth not all sticky its not yellow but its still hazy and looks old... you think this would help ?? it seems like the 3M almost .... any pix from before and after because none of them work

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    You aren't doing right then.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

so this 3M set should work?

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    If you are just applying the 3M stuff...its not going to remove all of the oxidized surface.

Did you do the steps with the high grit sand paper from the tutorial?

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

no i just tried the 3M stuff i didnt try this tutorial yet

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    yea dude, I bet some of those pits are REALLY deep. You have to level the surface as much as you can with some sanding + wet sanding before you polish. Obviously don't sand to much though as to break through the surface

Super cheap fix ....soft cloth and family dollar non acetone nail Polish remover great temp fix

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234