The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Changing the Stock Radio?

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    Kiaza

Changing the Stock Radio?

Can anyone tell me how before I try something I'm not sure of. I have the regular stock radio, not the pretty one.

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    just like changin n e other sterio

Not the same as any other, the HVAC controls are built into it...I am not sure how to change it though. Check with a good car audio shop first.
    You gain knowledge through learning not by increasing your post count...please search

Experienced TGC Member o1naturalhigh's Avatar
    u got the 6 disc indash cd changer?? maybe u might have to buy a new stereo kit, or see if the lower model stock radio has the kindof kit u need.

Meat Curtains

Without Infinity Package

I am just about to attempt to switch decks but I'm worried about the display of the factory deck not working once the aftermarket is installed. I have read that I will recieve an ERROR message. Don't want that. It has been recommended that I should run wires to the trunk and keep the factory stereo powered up back there. That seems a little flaky. All I want is the clock to work and thats it. Does anyone have a clue or even better, has anyone successfully swithed decks on a 9G yet. :explode:
    Thanks for reading and talk to you soon.

Faction
    i believe the regular stock audio unit is DIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Faction
    i believe the regular stock audio unit is DIN.
    yes it is

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

I don't have the 6-disc changer (just the regular cd), but i switched that out and put in an mp3 deck. The clock still works fine, but below that there is some weird error type thing (where the track# and track time are displayed). I was concerned about the clock not working too, but i swapped it out and luckily it worked fine

As far as getting the radio out, you just use a flathead screwdriver to remove the panel, and then remove the 4 screws that are holding the factory bracket in place. Then remove the factory deck from the bracket and screw the new one into that. You probably knew all that, but it can't hurt, and i'm sitting here at work really bored

I changed out the stock radio the 1st day that I got me New Galant '04. It took me about 10 mins to do the whole thing.