The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: i am the happiest man alive

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 42
    You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Youd be happy only if you could find the drain and fill plugs
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>Youd be happy only if you could find the drain and fill plugs </div>

you bastard, i'm pulling my hair out looking for them. where the HELL is the dipstick!???!
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    haha, like i was gonna install the nitrous for you. i'm chris's future personal mechanic. he just has to pay me with funny stories about letting wax bake on his hood. Â*:P Â*
    </div>

uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

There is no dipstick. Theres a serperate fill/drain plug. The drain plug is on the bottum and the fill on top on the far left(passenger) side. Ill take a pic tomorrow
    7g for life!

i woke up this morning and wanted to make progress. i need to get a life, what i did all day:

now it's at least out of the way :!:

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Ooooh pretty
    7g for life!

You spent all day putting in the clutch? Boy, you have got some work ahead of you.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scootinintegra)</div><div class='quotemain'>You spent all day putting in the clutch? Boy, you have got some work ahead of you. </div>

all day being me working from 10-7 minus the 5 hour break. it took me an hour actually to drill the 3 holes for the master cylinder, since the holesaw i got was the biggest pos ever, so i wound up going through 7 dremel bits cutting out a perfect circle. i literally got off to everything lining up perfectly.

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    Good job peno, hell at least there is progress..If ya think about it you only got maybe another couple hundred more hours to go..lol...
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scootinintegra)</div><div class='quotemain'>You spent all day putting in the clutch? Boy, you have got some work ahead of you. </div>

all day being me working from 10-7 minus the 5 hour break. it took me an hour actually to drill the 3 holes for the master cylinder, since the holesaw i got was the biggest pos ever, so i wound up going through 7 dremel bits cutting out a perfect circle. i literally got off to everything lining up perfectly.</div>
    ok, so four hours doing just that? Like I said, you have got some work ahead of you. IM me if you need help, when I come out to California this summer, I'll help you drop your auto tranny.

brandon
    4 hours or 400 hours, it will get done right? Congrats dude!

ken inn
    here's a hint. see that banjo bolt on the slave input? unscrew it, and take it out. inside, you will see a tiny plate and a spring, remove them, and reinstall the banjo fittings. that little plate is a restrictor, and if you remove it, you will have a much better clutch feel and clutch action.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scootinintegra)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scootinintegra)</div><div class='quotemain'>You spent all day putting in the clutch? Boy, you have got some work ahead of you. </div>

all day being me working from 10-7 minus the 5 hour break. it took me an hour actually to drill the 3 holes for the master cylinder, since the holesaw i got was the biggest pos ever, so i wound up going through 7 dremel bits cutting out a perfect circle. i literally got off to everything lining up perfectly.</div>
    ok, so four hours doing just that? Like I said, you have got some work ahead of you. IM me if you need help, when I come out to California this summer, I'll help you drop your auto tranny. </div>

i dont think you realize the amount of work it took. it took me about 30 minutes to replace the brake pedal, and then the rest of the time was for the clutch pedal. i had to drill the 3 holes in the firewall, all with a dremel because you can only get one arm at a time under the dash. and you couldn't drill them from the engine bay. not to mention the firewall was double layered, so it was me holding a dremel with one hand trying to keep it steady from bouncing around. it only took a while because it was about 1.5 feet up inside the dash, maybe if i took out the driver seat, but that would've taken a while since the bolts are underneath on the inside.

1994 Galant GS 5spd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ken inn)</div><div class='quotemain'>here's a hint. Â*see that banjo bolt on the slave input? Â*unscrew it, and take it out. Â*inside, you will see a tiny plate and a spring, remove them, and reinstall the banjo fittings. Â*that little plate is a restrictor, and if you remove it, you will have a much better clutch feel and clutch action.</div>

awesome, did it this morning. i actually remember reading about that on dsmtuners but i just forgot to do it. that thing looks so restrictive. thanks for the tip, anymore? 8)

1994 Galant GS 5spd

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Awsome Peano...can't wait to see the final product. Before you know it your left calves will be bigger than your right legs! 8)

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(4-G-rim)</div><div class='quotemain'>Awsome Peano...can't wait to see the final product. Before you know it your left calves will be bigger than your right legs! 8)</div>

w00t w00t!

1994 Galant GS 5spd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(4-G-rim)</div><div class='quotemain'>Awsome Peano...can't wait to see the final product. Before you know it your left calves will be bigger than your right legs! 8)</div>
    lol, it's so true...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ken inn)</div><div class='quotemain'>here's a hint. Â*see that banjo bolt on the slave input? Â*unscrew it, and take it out. Â*inside, you will see a tiny plate and a spring, remove them, and reinstall the banjo fittings. Â*that little plate is a restrictor, and if you remove it, you will have a much better clutch feel and clutch action.</div>

Isn't that part a pressure relief valve? Wouldn't removing it cause the line to stay pressurized when the clutch pedal is up? Just curious if anyone has any additional info on this. Thanks.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(StreetDreams)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ken inn)</div><div class='quotemain'>here's a hint. Â*see that banjo bolt on the slave input? Â*unscrew it, and take it out. Â*inside, you will see a tiny plate and a spring, remove them, and reinstall the banjo fittings. Â*that little plate is a restrictor, and if you remove it, you will have a much better clutch feel and clutch action.</div>

Isn't that part a pressure relief valve? Wouldn't removing it cause the line to stay pressurized when the clutch pedal is up? Just curious if anyone has any additional info on this. Thanks.</div>

i remember reading about that, and i did it to the slave the other day. if it IS an important valve, i'm glad i removed it, because it's exactly the size of a fingernail. pretty worthless. it just seems like it slows down the liquid coming through. i doubt it was important. the spring for it was weaker than the spring in a pen. i want to see that thing push the master cylinder back out.

1994 Galant GS 5spd

i dont know everything has a reason... i read that too a while back.... its suppose to make switching gears more smoother and less jerking, due to the restriction...more of a comfort issue i guess
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast