The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Oh s***, my tranmission

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 24 of 24
    You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    i love my auto. when i floor it i love waiting 3-5 seconds for it to downshift. that way i can have enough time to tell the person i'm on the phone with to call me back cause i'm racing.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

luxcrusr2000
    Ditto to what Peano said...take it in. At least you'll know for sure what's up with it. Hopefully it's something minor. Good luck!

BlueESV6
    Like someone said earlier... did you accidentally bump it in neutral? (while dancing in your seat )

If not my story is....

My older Galant started mysteriously acting like it was in neutral periodically and about 6 months later the tranny was shot!!

I'd get the tranny flushed out using a "fluid transfer" machine. It should be about $70-100 but well worth it.

I think my tranny's problem was that the internal pump was going bad! This caused the fluid to stagnate and eventually overheat it....

I didn't realize what was happening. But in hindsight I remember noticing when the fluid was being exchanged the mechanics were commenting on how long it took to exchange the fluid (the internal pump was going out)

By the time I nursed it to a dealership it was way gone. The dealer quoted me ridiculous $$... a "rebuilt" transmission for around $2-3K or a factory new for $3-3.5K. I ended up donating the car to Goodwill....

Good luck with your situation

I hope they find out whats wrong with your tranny soon.
    myspace.com/xxxJ3ffReYxxx
    TEAM TGCLV
    TEAM DOWNFORCE
    LVEVO.org

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12