The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Guys my Freaking transmission went need help!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 31

Guys my Freaking transmission went need help!!!!!!!!!!!

hey guys sat night i was hanging out going to a party when i was doin about 15 mile/hr when all of a sudden my rpms dropped n then i put my foot onm the gas n nuthing . Tried shifting to other gears n nothin my car was On everything else worked but my g wont move in any other gear even reverse . did tranny oil change 3 day ago n now this shit happens . Need a lil hand PLease help? any clues on what ould have happened ? my cousin said it could have been just the cable that shifts the gears ? how would i know? thanx a million guys
    [/quote]Ahh Yes we got to ride in StylEZZZ[quote]!

TWISTED II
    did you remember to put the trans fluid back in? lol.

and thats another galant trans gone.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    now you can 5spd swap for 1/3 of the price
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

8ggalant
    or just buy mine (if u have a 4cyl) has 61k on it just flushed be4 i swapped it out...no slippin...already crated and ready to go

OH damn!

Thanx alot twisted II . but i did a transmission fluid change 4 days ago n now this freaking crap happens. now peanotation u said sumthing about a 5 speed shift ? where or how can i get it ? n how much will it run me i just hope that my v6's tranny gear wire snapped n thats it but DAMN! i Wanna SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x

oh man oh man

have you guys heard about tranny's going bad without any pre-symptoms like slippin cuz mine just went all of a sudden? Or u think that it was caused cuz of two whack ass burn out's that i did? :cry:

are you sure you did the tranny oil change right??

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

ohh yeah

yeah i took my g to giffy lube so maybe those bitches messed me up

tolowbass
    no jiffy lube has the right mitsubishi tranny oil. everywhere i went said u have to take it to the dealer to have it changed. or you can buy the mitsu oil and bring it in to have it changed.

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    Damn, whats that 2 tranny is the past couple days. What are you people doing 2 them? Granted i went from auto to manual but still, i had my reasons. I dunno bro, maybe the used the wrong tranny fluid and it burnt the syncro's. I would call them and speak to their manager and blame them for the problem.. hope you kept the receipt.
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

tolowbass
    so u think i got fucking screwed by those pricks?
    cuz if it is like that ima kick their ass

yeah i got the reciept u think that i can get them to pay for that shit cuz rite now im freaking broke

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(juan18_c)</div><div class='quotemain'>yeah i got the reciept u think that i can get them to pay for that shit cuz rite now im freaking broke</div>

if they did put in the wrong fluid and thats the reason for your tranny dying then yea you can blame them. but trust me, they won't pay for it without a fight.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

tolowbass
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(juan18_c)</div><div class='quotemain'>tolowbass
    cuz if it is like that ima kick their ass</div>
    YEAH MAN THAT F'ING BITES. THE ONLY PLACE TO GET THE RIGHT TRANNY FLUID( FROM WHAT I HAVE HEARD) IS THE DEALER. ITS GONNA BE REALLY HARD TO GET THEM TO PAY FOR IT. HAVE IT TOWED TO THE DEALER AND SEE IF THEY CAN VERIFY THAT IT WAS DUE TO THE WRONG OIL AND IF SO HAVE THE TECH PUT IT IN WRITTING.

Yeah baby i might have a chance today ill be talking to a dealer now that mitsubishi offers a 5/yr 60thou warranty lets see what they say now those asswhipes! CROSS YOUR FINGERS N PRAY FOR ME GUYS!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(juan18_c)</div><div class='quotemain'>tolowbass
    Ok, hardass, calm down for a second here. How did you do your "whack-ass burnouts?" Did you neutral drop the car into spinning? If so, the Jiffy lube guys are the least of your problems. Besides, you're never going to get anything out of them. You took your car there for their transmission fluid change, and they gave you what you paid for. If you wanted it done right, do it yourself. Before you go off trying to kick some guy's ass for doing his job, sit down and think for a minute about how this could very well be your own damn fault.

01GalantLSV6
    ::claps::

Sexy_Delavatos_G_Ride_:)
    MAN, theres alotta this shit goin on huh? must be something in the air. Mine went on Friday. All fixed now. But i feel 4 ya man. I cant help ya, cause i dunno n-e-thing bout these stupid transmissions. But Good luck to u man!!

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scootinintegra)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(juan18_c)</div><div class='quotemain'>tolowbass
    Ok, hardass, calm down for a second here. How did you do your "whack-ass burnouts?" Did you neutral drop the car into spinning? If so, the Jiffy lube guys are the least of your problems. Besides, you're never going to get anything out of them. You took your car there for their transmission fluid change, and they gave you what you paid for. If you wanted it done right, do it yourself. Before you go off trying to kick some guy's ass for doing his job, sit down and think for a minute about how this could very well be your own damn fault.</div>

true. also, if it was THEIR fault for sure, you are not going to get them to pay for it without fighting your ass off. you'll have to spend months taking it up with the headquarters/corporate department, and they might even drag you to court. you can't just walk in and have one of the douche bag mechanics give you a check for 2 grand.

i dont know when people will learn, Jiffy Lube is the place to go if you dont like your car. i have had numerous friends completely fucked over by jiffy lube, they're really good at putting windshield washer fluid into your coolant reservoir. take your car to jiffy lube if you want to break it.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

in response to mR scootinintegra, ur a lame ass u think that im gonna go kick some one's ass for real for some shit like that? I know they are just doing their job i was just talking smack soryy if u slow enough not to catch on bro im sorry i apologize to you. ....oh yeah n by the way the burn outs where made not from being in neutral; drama queen, they where done the proper way ! lil hand brake here,.. lil gas there ,.. lil spin up in here and everywhere !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast