The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Which BMW is the 8g patterned after?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 28

Which BMW is the 8g patterned after?

I can't tell which BMW the 8g looks more like. Is it the 3 series or the 5 series?

Re: Which beemer is the 8g patterned after?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(keithert)</div><div class='quotemain'>I can't tell which BMW the 8g looks more like. Â*Is it the 3 series or the 5 series?</div>
    uh...um...

Your car...well you see, it has...well, nothing--absolutely nothing--to do with a BMW. Nothing at all.

If I had to pick, I'd say 5-series, because it's a car meant to be driven as a sedan. Nobody should drive 4 door 3-series', they're meant to have 2 doors and a 333hp I6

especially since beemer is a bike right?

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    :retard:

Re: Which beemer is the 8g patterned after?

Well, I think there are some styling cues on our Gs from BMW, but they are subtle. Styling of a ~2000 3 and 5 is similar, but sizewise 8g is closer to 5 series from that time (looking at lenght, since width of 5 and 3 were actually very close). Just my .02

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(keithert)</div><div class='quotemain'>I can't tell which BMW the 8g looks more like. Â*Is it the 3 series or the 5 series?</div>

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DarkLateNight)</div><div class='quotemain'>especially since beemer is a bike right?</div>
    I'm going to help you out a little there man, so the guys don't kick you outta this club...lol Yes, beamer is what most people call BMW's and they do make motorcycles too. So that's what you meant by saying that right?...(just say yes)

Anyway moving right along, I've always thought that the Mitsu design department "copied of the BMW's homework" back in 99 when they changed the body, primarily cause no other Japanese car looke as "Euro" as it did. And even the marketing at the dealerships had 3-series BMW posters on their walls with the slogan of "having the same style, but saving $10K". One dealership actually had several bimmers on the lot and parked a Galant in the middle to show how similar they were in styling. But if I had to judge which series it "most" closely looked like, I would say a 3 series on hormones or a fictious "4 series", the styling of a 3-series but well suited to be a "sports sedan" like the 5 series.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BIGMONEYDAY)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DarkLateNight)</div><div class='quotemain'>especially since beemer is a bike right?</div>
    I'm going to help you out a little there man, so the guys don't kick you outta this club...lol Yes, beamer is what most people call BMW's and they do make motorcycles too. So that's what you meant by saying that right?...(just say yes)</div>
    Uh-oh. Don't make corrections like that that aren't completely true.
    "Beamer" is not the same as a "Bimmer."

I parked right next to a ~2000 5 series one day. I was amazed to see that Mitsu had perfectly copied the ENTIRE greenhouse (roof, windows, pillars) from that car. Plus the rear end looks pretty similar, too

yea, the tails are pretty much the same shape. the grille's are almost the same shape, i swear i could (but i won't) shave off mitsu badges and get me some bmw badges and bmw wheels, people would think it's a bmw, they'd have to look hard to see it's a mitsu, but it's true.

[20:33] fenderi: did they screw up your wiper leds yet?
    [20:33] lKoRTy: i dont know man
    [20:33] lKoRTy: i wil see topmorrow
    [20:33] lKoRTy: lol
    [20:33] fenderi: hopefully they did the car a favor and chucked them
    [20:34] lKoRTy: screw you

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scootinintegra)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    "Beamer" is not the same as a "Bimmer."</div>

LOL...Ok how bout we just say "B-mer" as a catch all?...

Senior TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BIGMONEYDAY)</div><div class='quotemain'>a fictious "4 series", the styling of a 3-series but well suited to be a "sports sedan" like the 5 series.</div>

Which will be very real in the near future, taking the place of the 3 series coupe.

I forgot which BMW the Galant most resembled, but I remember comparing the dimensions on paper and it was very similar.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Censee
    yea i remember when i saw the 8g in early 99 late 98 i coulda sworn it was a bmw,,,,the back was almost exactly the same.....thats what made me want one....

I used to always correct people who talk about their "beamer" cars but have given up long ago hehe. They get confused when I tell them I had an R75/5 beamer and a 525i bimmer heh.

sj420
    Quote Originally Posted by scootinintegra
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGMONEYDAY
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLateNight
    especially since beemer is a bike right?
    I'm going to help you out a little there man, so the guys don't kick you outta this club...lol Yes, beamer is what most people call BMW's and they do make motorcycles too. So that's what you meant by saying that right?...(just say yes)
    "Beamer" is not the same as a "Bimmer."
    thank you someone had to say it

its based throght the 5 series and 3 series cars... mix of all and size. between 5 and 3 series. we are larger than 3 but smaller than 5 8)
    Diego

funny, most of my friends thought the galant was a bmw at first. then they realized it was a mitsubishi and asked what is a galant.

ksdprasad
    anybody is having photos with bmw and galant side by side..... ?

i know somone can photoshop it for us...
    Diego

Yeah, if I had a dollar for everytime someone asked me if my car was a bmw, I'd be able to pay it off

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast