The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Which BMW is the 8g patterned after?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 28 of 28
    i actually sometimes confuse the rear of a Lincoln LS to a Galant.

GPTourer
    I'd say it started with the Diamante, though when the 2G came out in, 1996 as a 97 model. The Galant was kind of a remix of the BMW-esque style that the D had already started.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GPTourer)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'd say it started with the Diamante, though when the 2G came out in, 1996 as a 97 model. The Galant was kind of a remix of the BMW-esque style that the D had already started.</div>

the first model year for the 2g diamante was in 1995. we have to remember that the 9g galant was the first galant that was designed from MMUSA. the previous generations of galant and the diamante were designed by the guys in japan...

with the diamante in mind...doesn't this kinda look like the old 5 and 7 series??

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

GPTourer
    No, the 2G definitely came out in 1997 and will end with this year's 2004.
    That was the 1G you pictured.

http://www.diamanteowners.com/forum/

I was referring to the 2G, but I don't deny the BMW-esque cues of the first one either:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GPTourer)</div><div class='quotemain'>No, the 2G definitely came out in 1997 and will end with this year's 2004.
    That was the 1G you pictured.

http://www.diamanteowners.com/forum/

I was referring to the 2G, but I don't deny the BMW-esque cues of the first one either:

</div>

first of all i know what the 1g looks like. i posted it to show how it looks like a bmw also. i should know what a 1g diamante looks like since my car actually has parts from it...

but yea go on the boards, ask them when the diamante was first produced. they'll agree with me. here's a link of my own http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.jp/docs6/h.../html/sigma.htm im pretty sure mitsubishi would know what year the first 2g was produced, they're the one who built it.

GPTourer
    No need to get snippy.

I thought we were talking about the U.S. The link you posted is from the JDM site. You do realize we don't always get things the same time the rest of the world does, right? As far as Galants go, right now we got the 9G first, the rest of the world is still using the 8G body style. The 8G Galant style, for instance, came out in like '96. Look at this link for a New Zealand '96 vr-4:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...on-18088896.htm

In the United States of America, the 2G Diamante (not Sigma, Verada, Magna) came out in MY1997.

Just go on autorader.com and do a search for '96 and '97 Diamantes and you will see what I mean.

Why would we be talking about the US?? did the people from MMUSA design the 8g? ov course not. they took the jdm 8g and did some minor restyling to it and dropped in their own american powerplant.

there is big doubt that there will be a 9g JDM galant. with all the trouble that mitsubishi is having financially.

but yea, most of the countries that used to sell galants don't.

there isn't anymore vr-4

the current jdm galant has a GDI 2000 motor which is a 2.0L DOHC motor. 4wd is optional on the current jdm galant.

taiwan had a failed attempt to redesign the 8g galant. after that attempt production of the galant stopped.

the 1g galant was released in 1969.

i know about the galant and its history. not only in the US but from many parts of the world...

GPTourer
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>Why would we be talking about the US??</div>
    Umm, why not. This is a US board with primarily US members. You didn't point out that you meant MY1995 for the Japanese, so how should anyone know what you meant?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> did the people from MMUSA design the 8g? </div>
    Irrelevant. The 9G was designed by Americans, so was the Eclipse. Mitsubishi has a design studio in America, as well as overseas. How do you know there weren't Americans involved in the 7G or 8G?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> there isn't anymore vr-4 </div>
    Okay, so? That has nothing to do with the shape of the car, I was just pointing out that MY's are not global.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>the current jdm galant has a GDI 2000 motor which is a 2.0L DOHC motor. 4wd is optional on the current jdm galant. Â*
    taiwan had a failed attempt to redesign the 8g galant. after that attempt production of the galant stopped. Â*
    the 1g galant was released in 1969. Â*
    i know about the galant and its history. not only in the US but from many parts of the world... Â*</div>

Again, that's all well and good - no one was calling your knowledge into question. All I'm saying is, when you are talking about Diamantes, and Galants, and a 2000 BMW 5 series gets referenced in the same thread amongst a bunch of Americans - it should be safe to assume that MY1997 refers to a USDM car. If that's not the case, then okay you win.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12