The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: intake, wires and plugs

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

intake, wires and plugs

Now, a lot of you have read my thread concerning me trading in my Galant for either a Lexus ES or an Acura TL. I have figured my finances and realized that it may not happen for a good year or two.

So, I am keeping my G a while and wanted to do more to it to make it mine and to add a little oomph to it.

I am looking at Accel Thundersport ignition wires and Iridium plugs for when I get a tune up done in a month or two. I have had a set of aftermarket Moroso wires and Platinum plugs on my Hondas and felt a little bitty tad of a difference. I hear lately that it's not worth it to do aftermarket plugs and wires, but I still want to dress up the engine bay, the color would be red.

I also have a short ram intake on one of my Hondas, I know, I know, hot air equals bad air, but in reality, it added more felt power than my wires and plugs. I am looking at several short rams for the Galant because CAI's are out of the question due to amount of rain, snow and mud in my area, I would be cleaning/drying the filter on a daily basis, so the only other option is a short ram.

I wanted your suggestions and advice because this is my first Galant and wanted to know how things might turn out. I also wanted to ask what sites you find your aftermarket parts for your 7G's, the only place I have found is Nopi so far with a wide selection.

Thanks everyone,
    Matthew

there's always ebay motors

I did the ebay thing with some body parts and small stuff for the Honda, and I swore I would never do that again in my life. Although I am trying to get an owner's manual for the G through ebay, but nothing major like parts, cause something always seemed to go wrong when I did that.

There's not like a Galant only parts store online? I feel that Nopi's prices are way too high. I remember getting my AEM short ram shipped for 100 bucks from an Accord only site, and Nopi wants over 150 for an off brand short ram? That's awful.

Thnx for the suggestion though, it it comes down to it, I might do the ebay thing just once more and see how it goes.

Proto
    If you need an owners manual PM me, just pay shipping and Ill get you one.

you have PM.

have i ever mentioned how much this forum kicks ass? there is another galant forum i belong to but never post because it is so dead and noone ever replies.

Mindless
    edit: double post

Mindless
    Quote Originally Posted by ohgrfreak
    I did the ebay thing with some body parts and small stuff for the Honda, and I swore I would never do that again in my life. Although I am trying to get an owner's manual for the G through ebay, but nothing major like parts, cause something always seemed to go wrong when I did that.

There's not like a Galant only parts store online? I feel that Nopi's prices are way too high. I remember getting my AEM short ram shipped for 100 bucks from an Accord only site, and Nopi wants over 150 for an off brand short ram? That's awful.

Thnx for the suggestion though, it it comes down to it, I might do the ebay thing just once more and see how it goes.
    Well if you're looking for a plethora of aftermarket support you picked the wrong car to mod. If you want an intake check the CAI tutorial sticky.

CAI is out of the question. I wish i could, but i don't live in Cali, i'm here in the dirty, rainy, snowy midwest.

I didn't get the car to mod, i got it for the power, it puts to shame my Honda, toyotas and subarus i have owned. now i want someting to add to my car to make not just another Galant, but no rice please, LOL.

Mindless
    Quote Originally Posted by ohgrfreak
    CAI is out of the question. I wish i could, but i don't live in Cali, i'm here in the dirty, rainy, snowy midwest.
    It doesn't have to be a CAI.

My first intake cost me almost $200 for a short ram...talk about a rip.

My point is that you can go to autozone and buy a short ram intake for a civic and make it work with very very minimal hassle.

ah, thnx then. i'll check it out.

sorry for the double post, but i have one question:

if I don't do the CAI, but still slap on a short ram intake made for the Galant, will the aftermarket short ram system have a MAS adapter? or will i be purchasing both the short ram intake kit plus a MAS adapter? i am taking the car to a shop for the install, i can afford the extra 20 bucks or so, but want to know if i have the right equiptment. with the Honda and the AEM intake there was no need for a MAF/MAS adapter.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Takes a socket set and screw driver to install a short ram...
    7g for life!

very good, no MAS adapter needed then?

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Only if you want to install a cone filter
    7g for life!

k, now.

what do i need if:

one tube style short ram intake with cone filter and i don't care who installs it, do i need a mas adapter?

you will need a MAS adapter if the cone filter you purchase doesn't come with one.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.