The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: gsx turbo on a galant es

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
    escoson

gsx turbo on a galant es

my question is would i be able to set up a 99 gsx turbo on a 02 galant es 4 cylander engine with the proper parts?

yea, with the proper parts, anything is possible

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

EsRacer
    That's a freakin good idea! Why didn't I think of that B4!? Anyways, how much do you think it'll cost to do this? THANX

greekgalant
    OMG GOOD FREAKING LUCK LOL...JUST BUY A GSX...I'D LOVE THAT!!

escoson
    my cousin just purchased a 99 gsx and he is puting a different turbo set up in it so he is selling me the turbo for $120.00. the car has only 12,000 miles on it and the person that drove it was his fathers friend who never abused the car or anything like that. so im figuring its def. a steal at $120.00 for the turbo. now i just need to get all the proper parts and shit. this should be fun.

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by escoson
    my cousin just purchased a 99 gsx and he is puting a different turbo set up in it so he is selling me the turbo for $120.00. the car has only 12,000 miles on it and the person that drove it was his fathers friend who never abused the car or anything like that. so im figuring its def. a steal at $120.00 for the turbo. now i just need to get all the proper parts and shit. this should be fun.
    Bro, u are going to have so much fun putting this motor together with the turbo.. If u need help feel free to ask..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

escoson
    thanks alot bro for that reply we will probably start after the snow falls and its all gone so in about 4 months. there really no rush yet... thanks for the info and good looks

EvoLuTioN
    yo esco... where in jersey are you?... i'm in jersey too... by amboy...

holla back...
    one...

mbssbm
    maybe i'm not thinking clearly today. whats a gsx? eclipse?

Quote Originally Posted by mbssbm
    maybe i'm not thinking clearly today. whats a gsx? eclipse?
    HAHAH, yeah bro..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

escoson
    ok ibought it off of him today after a very long waiting period. the gsx had about 22k miles on it and was not driven hard at all. the reason he knows this is that it was his gf's uncles car and he used it to commute to manhattan and back. i ended up paying $420.00 but he also gave me a brand new greddy type r blow off valve still in the box (retails around $250.00) im going to need some help so if anyone has sugegstions on what parts to buy please leave them here so i can go check them out.

thanks

oh yea, im not to far from amboy, i live in freehold about 1 minute from freehold raceway mall

escoson
    one more thing i also bought my car in amboy right by you at bell south mitsubishi

Gspeedvr42k1

Re: gsx turbo on a galant es

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(escoson)</div><div class='quotemain'>my question is would i be able to set up a 99 gsx turbo on a 02 galant es 4 cylander engine with the proper parts?</div>

nope, gsx turbo is configed on AWD basis.

Re: gsx turbo on a galant es

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gspeedvr42k1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(escoson)</div><div class='quotemain'>my question is would i be able to set up a 99 gsx turbo on a 02 galant es 4 cylander engine with the proper parts?</div>

nope, gsx turbo is configed on AWD basis.</div>

you could run just the turbine and all its necessary parts, but not the tranny, since it is AWD..

cdaw2001ES
    Dude , first off, you need to get the Exhaust manifold that matches the turbo, to your block, and once you have that- you will need the duct work to connect it to your MAS and intake manifold, and pipes for the oil send and return. Good Luck, maybe you can get them from the same car the turbo is from, but If he is just replacing the turbo, he prolly wont want to part with them.