The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: fitment issues

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 49

fitment issues

Can an 98 eclipse short ram fit the 98 galant? And I've also heard that the Acura gsr cold air intake fit the 98 galant also..Does anyone know any other cars that have the same short ram air intake as a galnt 98? Thanx in advance...I know that OBX and Arospeed have intakes for the 94-98 Galant but whenever I call to order the company(streetstyler.com) say that it is on back order
    No man is your friend, No man is your enemy, Every man is your Teacher

I jus t need a short ram intake for now..I don't want a cold air just yet

why get short ram???get a CAI...its only a couple dollars more...
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

Not a money issue just like starting out at the bottom and working my way up just so I know what i'm doing..what do you have in your G

just START with a CAI!!!!!

where can I get one for a 98 galant

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    To answer your questions...probably not. If its a 98 turbo model Eclipse...it won't work since turbo models set is different. If its a 2g non turbo model...I don't believe it will work either. Best bet is just to take a 96-00 Civic or Integra short ram intake and you may have to cut some piping to fit since we have to worry about the MAF (Mass air flow sensor) assembly and just get the adapters which will be listed in the above links by your fellow TGC'ers for the CAI. Usually if you buy a intake cone filter for a DSM it comes with the MAF adapter with it...if not you can buy it really cheap.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

refer to ur other post......u got 2 post going talkin about basically the same thing.

thanks 4-G for addvice..I'm gonna do just that...I know ebay has some cheap intakes for civic/integras..and for josh..i don't need your f**king reply if you're gonna be a smart ass about it..thanks again 4-G

Quote Originally Posted by stopfakn
    thanks 4-G for addvice..I'm gonna do just that...I know ebay has some cheap intakes for civic/integras..and for josh..i don't need your f**king reply if you're gonna be a smart ass about it..thanks again 4-G
    im not being a smart ass im just telling u what u should do cause mods on here dont like that

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stopfakn
    No problem broskee...there are plenty of guys here that can help you out. 8)

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Ikudni
    So this would work?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...bayphotohosting

Where would you find a MAS Adapter?
    NOPE that wont fit, the GSR intake that ur looking for is a 3 piece and im not sure if they still sell it on ebay. and for the MAS adapter.... http://search.ebay.com/galant-adapter_W0QQ...rectZ1QQfromZR8

if its still a short ram u want here u go..... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=38634

Jesse James Tools? What's that for?

yea that will work ikudni... your just gonna have to cut on some piecies... almost anything can work u just have to imagine it in your car first... not sure if that would fit stopfakn... probably need another view of it....

Quote Originally Posted by josh_877
    if its still a short ram u want here u go.....http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW
    ????

hahah my bad guys, wrong link its fixed.....btw im selling those tool boxes

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast