The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: fitment issues

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 49
    Hey krayzie what do you have on your G?and would this work?...
    http://www.cardomain.com/item/RAC21265?vq_id=none
    No man is your friend, No man is your enemy, Every man is your Teacher

yea but im sure ur gonna have to cut... ...i dont know, but im cheap i would look here... two piece is pretty good, 3 piece is best if you can ever find it... less cutting

http://search.ebay.com/integra-intake_W0QQ...ntrypageZsearch

not worth spending that much just for a couple hp gain...

edit... yea theres going to cutting... very easy though...
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

any cutting for the pic you posted?

if u really want a short ram, go with josh's link with the adaptor, cuz no matter what ur gonna have to buy it anyways...
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

stopfakn, i sent you a PM. if you want to do short ram, i've got an extra adapter and filter set. hit me up on PM foo.

Quote Originally Posted by josh_877
    if its still a short ram u want here u go.....http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=38634
    How you gonna post a link to that crap...wouldn't you feel bad if he went out and got it?

Okay I'm sold on the idea of building a cai after reading the awesome post but as for the little opening where you connect the lttle rubber hose..what do you do with that?

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stopfakn
    but as for the little opening where you connect the lttle rubber hose..what do you do with that?
    plug it up. you already have a return hose going to your intake about a couple inches from the TB.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

So something like this will work?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...<br /> <br />http://www.cardomain.com/item/RACSFI9497?vq_id=none

and where can I find a 4"3" pvc adapter? Thanks for all your help guys

Mindless
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(stopfakn)</div><div class='quotemain'>[
    and where can I find a 4"3" pvc adapter? Thanks for all your help guys[/i]
    </div>

lowes

Fuel filter installation

Can anyone recommend a good site where I can find instruction on how to put on a fuel filter.

Mindless

Re: Fuel filter installation

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(stopfakn)</div><div class='quotemain'>Can anyone recommend a good site where I can find instruction on how to put on a fuel filter.</div>

try a search. brandon replaced his recently and I think he did a write up on it.

Anyone know the part number or size for the K&N cone filter that fits a 98 Galant....and also I tried changing my fuel filter today and I couldn't seem to get the damn thing out..I went at it for like 3 hours...I think it's like rusted together..anyone have any ideas please help..thanks in advance

Livn2sk8
    First you have to relieve the fuel pressure....there is a connector under the backseat of your car. There is a plate with 4 screws..pull it up, and undo the connector.

Next...make sure your gas cap is loose.

Ok...turn your car over...or at least attempt to start it (book says it should die...but mine wouldn't even start at this point)

(this should relieve any fuel pressure)

NEXT....

I didn't undo the bracket that holds on the filter.

Take and hold a wrench on the BASE of the filter...not the banjo...the base of the "fuel filter"...next...you can use the appropriate sized wrench to loosen that top fitting. While holding back pressure on the bottom wrench, not allowing the filter to twist or turn during this. Be careful, as you crack it loose your wrist will fly into the engine or the firewall, cutting yourself.....ask me how I know? Undo it slowly, and make sure you have a shop towel or something wrapped around it, as there is still fuel in this line.

now you can do the same with the bottom fitting....using the same part of the filter with a wrench, to stabilize and allow back pressure to the loosening of that fitting. (Hopefully this is all making sense)....once it is off....installation is the opposite of the removal. Make sure you put some gas on the new o-ring/washers prior to installation.

Also..there is a vacuum line that dangles in the way, you might as well unplug it for the time being, as it gets in the way and hangs in front of the filter.

Make sure you tighten everything up....re-install your air filter assembly, re-connect your harness under your backseat, and tighten up that fuel cap. start the car, and inspect...making sure there are no leaks...

also, manual says to disconnect the negative battery terminal.....might as well.....this will reset your ECU by the time you are done, so make sure you allow the car to idle for about 10 minutes after you start her back up

brandon
    I've replaced my fuel filter and my 2 cents says if you haven't done it before, don't do it! haha

Seriously though, be sure you have the right tools and be sure you are VERY careful with the lines. I twisted my fuel line pretty bad and had to rig it back together.

Thanks alot dude for the help..I'm about to go give it another shot and I'm sure your accurate explanation will help me do it this time...thanks again Livn2sk8

Livn2sk8
    yeah, use the right tools...or....make the ones you have work

just take your time....and remember to not let the filter twist while you unscrew anything and you'll be fine...

Experienced TGC Member
    if anyone actually used the search engine on this site you would see a thousand posts all about the same bullsh*t over n over again.. how do i make a cai, how do i make my car glow blue at night...im sick of posting the same answers over n over n over again..
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

brandon
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JiP)</div><div class='quotemain'>if anyone actually used the search engine on this site you would see a thousand posts all about the same bullsh*t over n over again.. how do i make a cai, how do i make my car glow blue at night...im sick of posting the same answers over n over n over again..</div>

Is that why you've been MIA for a bit??

Experienced TGC Member
    you got it! Theres nothin new anymore on here..everythings the same crap repeated over and over again...
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast