The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ticking from crankcase

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 25 of 25
    I am pretty sure almost every auto parts store has it.

http://www.restoreusa.com/restorer.html

NinjaWarGod
    walmart carries Restore. at least mine does

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(7G RPM EDITION)</div><div class='quotemain'>any one no where to get that restore and the price on it</div>

like bradley1997 said most auto parts stores carry it. three different kinds for three different engine types. I4, V6, V8. Just ask your local parts store. bought mine 1 month ago, $6.00

lifters start ticking from either low oil pressure or from clogging due to dirty oil or debris. once they are clogged a friction modifyer like restore won't do much to help. cause mostly what it does is thicken the oil. auto tranny fluid works cause all the detergents in it clean everything up.
    i personally would reccomend using oil system flush/ cleaner.
    just drain you oil and get a cheap new filter. buy a few quarts of the cheap oil and some cleaner. fill it, put on your filter, add the cleaner(all while the engine is still hot) start it up and let it idle for a few minutes or however long suggested in the instructions. then drain it all out again. remove the filter. put in your good oil and filter and you are done. and start changing your oil more often from then on. if the ticking doesn't go away, then you need new lifters. get the upgraded 3g lifters.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCSTUNR
    lifters start ticking from either low oil pressure or from clogging due to dirty oil or debris. once they are clogged a friction modifyer like restore won't do much to help. cause mostly what it does is thicken the oil. auto tranny fluid works cause all the detergents in it clean everything up.
    i personally would reccomend using oil system flush/ cleaner.
    just drain you oil and get a cheap new filter. buy a few quarts of the cheap oil and some cleaner. fill it, put on your filter, add the cleaner(all while the engine is still hot) start it up and let it idle for a few minutes or however long suggested in the instructions. then drain it all out again. remove the filter. put in your good oil and filter and you are done. and start changing your oil more often from then on. if the ticking doesn't go away, then you need new lifters. get the upgraded 3g lifters.
    I change my oil every 3,000 miles or less and I also use 10w-30 Mobil 1 oil, I also did the oil system flush and it was still ticking. Now I put a can of Restore in with every oil change and I have not had a tick since.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12