The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: For who was wondering where I have been.

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

For who was wondering where I have been.

I have been away a while from this forum so I'll give you people an update about what happened to my G.

I bought the G in December 2002 in this condition:

(6G 2.0 GLSi Hatchback, 5spd manual transmission, loaded on options)

After about 10 monts I aquired some 16" MOMO rims (205/50) for my car.

A week later I smashed it into a peugeot. (Happened because the tires on those rims where too old and it was raining)

Over de next 3 months I spend my time obtaining new parts, getting them sprayed and putting them on the car. Below you can see the results. Note the VR4 bumper and the smoke corners I managed to get my hands on. ;-) I sprayed the grill in the same color as my car. I also put the old rims back on since these tires were still good.

I started a new job in february 2004 and with the job came a company car. I first got a temporary Peugeot 206 and on April 1st I got this:

Renault Clio 1.5 dCi. (brand new )

Ok, it's a bit smaller than my G, but it drives great and is pretty decent on options.

Because of this I had to sell my G. :-( Insurance costs went sky high after the accident so I had to do it or else it would eat through my savings. And 2 cars would be ridiculous

Maybe I will buy a nice 8G in a couple of years....
    I will still be visiting this forum because of the awesome G's that are posted here every day.
    1990 Mitsubishi Galant 2.0 GLSi Hatchback *SOLD*
    2004 Renault Clio 1.5 dCi

marktheblake
    Nice to see your story, shame about having to drive a Renault though.

Now where the hell did Rasko go?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(marktheblake)</div><div class='quotemain'>Nice to see your story, shame about having to drive a Renault though.</div>Well Renault isn't bad... (and they are working together with Nissan and I really love Nissan so.....you do the math :-P)
    They design some pretty good cars. The only thing they have to learn is putting them together. (build quality is poor)
    And I really like this car (better than the Peugeot 206 anyway), it handles well, is pretty nimble, seats are good (The Peugeot had the worst seats ever) and it looks pretty neat. Main low point is that it's a bit shaky at high speeds (120 km/h and up).<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Now where the hell did Rasko go?</div>Don't know, maybe he sold his G like I did?

marktheblake
    yeah well there is going to be a time for all of us to bury the old galant. Yours came sooner than mine. I guess you will be hanging out at the Renault forums now.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(marktheblake)</div><div class='quotemain'>yeah well there is going to be a time for all of us to bury the old galant. Yours came sooner than mine. Â* Â*I guess you will be hanging out at the Renault forums now.</div>Don't be ridiculous.