The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: problem

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar

problem

i was drivin my gsx to work when it jus died on me.. i had it checked out.. the a/c belt snapped, the crank pully is wobly, the timing belt got a cut in it and it hopped a tooth (dohc)... thats all i kno so far, its being towed to some place tonight to get fixed. wish me luck :cry:

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar

Re: problem

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ZigenScarface)</div><div class='quotemain'>i was drivin my gsx to work when it jus died on me.. i had it checked out.. the a/c belt snapped, the crank pully is wobly, the timing belt got a cut in it and it hopped a tooth (dohc)... thats all i kno so far, its being towed to some place tonight to get fixed. wish me luck :cry:</div>

the a/c belt snapped, the crank pully is wobly
    :shock: ...wobbly crank pulley, not a good sign.

the timing belt got a cut in it and it hopped a tooth (dohc)...
    Thats never good news :cry:

thats all i kno so far, its being towed to some place tonight to get fixed. wish me luck
    Expect to spend good $$$$ to fix that...and you got lots of my GOOD LUCKS! I really hope the cylinder head didn't suffer any damage...really I do!

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Damn, that sucks. It couldn't just be the belt, it had to be other stuff too.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Hope that the valves are still intact and not bent, if they are you have 2 options. R&R or buy a new engine.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    yeh, its pretty shitty.. i didnt get to have it towed 2nite its goin out early 2morrow morning. if its that bad im thinkin bout sellin the car to one of my friends who jus got a 92 eclipse (base model) and buyin this 94 honda accord around here, 2 door, 1 piece headlights, eyelids, upgraded tails, lowered, ram air intake,5 speed.. n some others.. for 2000$ and eventualy working up to a h22a swap

thats if my gsx is to messed up