The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: confused, please help!manifold

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

confused, please help!manifold

ok, i just got my sexy pacesetter turbo manifold today but it doesnt bold up to my evo 7 16g......does anyone know what turbo its flanged for?
    TEAM GENESIS

8G_GTZ
    no idea, never seen it. but why pacesetter chris? but how's everything else comin along man?

steve

brandon
    Got a pic?

I was under the impression it fit... did they send you the right manifold?

well it bolts to the block.......so i assum its the right one...............i DID notice that the 16g off the evo 7 doesnt have an even bolt pattern..

my damn digicam is broke...............does your 14b have an equal bolt pattern...?

maybe the evo 7 16g is different....i was just test fiting it n e ways............my turbo setup is on ebay
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...sspagename=WDVW

but im still gonna boost my car, just not with the evo stuff......
    TEAM GENESIS

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Im not too fond with the Evo 4-8 16gs. But all DSM turbos are equal bolt patterns. You can use the Evo3 16g, it has an equal bolt pattern and will bolt onto any DSM exhaust mani. New they are around $550.
    7g for life!

ok.....cool so the evo 7 manifold IS just different.....but why is their a "2g install kit" people sell when they go fromt25 to 14b or 16g?

so i can just buy any dsm turbo and it will bolt up right.....................................also.... ...what options do i have with tthe downpipe.......does it bolt to the o2sensor housing?........u guys are a big help...thx
    TEAM GENESIS

Install kit includes gaskets and new lines, and a Jpipe.

Depends on the 02 housing. 1g/2g are 2.5" outlet so you need a downpipe with a 2.5" flange. The Evo3 02 housing is 3" so you need a downpipe with a 3" flange.
    7g for life!

will it bolt to my stock dp?
    TEAM GENESIS

brandon
    The stock downpipe would have to be modified to fit due to the location of the O2 housing... your best bet is to get a downpipe from or made for a 2G GST.

does THAT BOLT up, i heard it was short....im trying to figure out the easiest way to do it........i have a welder so i can extent if i have to.....i just need it to bolt to my dp
    TEAM GENESIS

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Call up DN performance and buy an EVO turbo flange and weld it to your header. ALL EVO 7/8 have twin scroll 16g's they are not an eqaul sized flange and they flow more air than a standard 16g.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(soltero112)</div><div class='quotemain'>does THAT BOLT up, i heard it was short....im trying to figure out the easiest way to do it........i have a welder so i can extent if i have to.....i just need it to bolt to my dp</div>

I have a 3" 2g GST downpipe. Bolts up to the 02 housing just fine, Even hanges from the same hangers the cat used to(cat eliminating downpipe). I think it was around $115.
    7g for life!

brandon
    Your stock downpipe will not fit unless you cut and reweld it due to the bends and location of the O2 housing... not worth it IMHO

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brandon
    Your stock downpipe will not fit unless you cut and reweld it due to the bends and location of the O2 housing... not worth it IMHO
    Unless your me..I have a welder and can do it myself =P Getting the pipe bent to the right specs is another story lol..

But seth..does the 2g gst exhaust reach to bolt up to the catback is the question? It can hang from the stock hangers and still be short at the end..
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

Not sure, alls I have is the downpipe which eliminates the cat. it is about the same length as my stock downpipe with the cat. I forget if it is exact or not though. i might buy a 2g GST 3" cat back, or just get a custom 3" cat back.
    7g for life!

brandon
    Quote Originally Posted by JiP
    Quote Originally Posted by brandon
    But seth..does the 2g gst exhaust reach to bolt up to the catback is the question? It can hang from the stock hangers and still be short at the end..
    Not that I attempted to fit mine to the stock cat, but after looking at my stock exhaust and the length of the 2G downpipe, I'd have to say absolutely not. You need at least a few inches of pipe.