The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Car not starting

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    _Madman_

Car not starting

My car is not starting, everytime I turn key, there is a short clicking sound, and then quiet dimming. Battery seems to be OK. Tried with 2.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar

Re: Car not starting

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(_Madman_)</div><div class='quotemain'>My car is not starting, everytime I turn key, there is a short clicking sound, and then quiet dimming. Battery seems to be OK. Tried with 2.</div>

sounds like your starter is going. how many miles on the car? if you keep your car to the start position, does the clicking eventually stop, or just keep going untill you let go?
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

_Madman_
    Might be the battery, as I towed the car, took a smal ride to parking lot & then tried to stop/start it 6 times. On working car tester showed 14.81 V on battery, with each start value droped by 0.3, and when battery gave 12.80, car refused to start. I guess contact area was small for the second battery.

_Madman_
    After closer inspection I think starter motor might be at fault. I was unable to start car today, after trying pulling few times by hands, it wouldn't start, until I turned the key during pulling to very end. At this point starter motor gave usual sound and car started. After stopping car 3 times, car started just fine. I have heard that bendix??? might be at fault...