The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: electrical problem?

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

electrical problem?

does anyone know what fuse controls the window lock? mine stopped working, I don't know if it is a fuse or I need a new switch, help!!

is it just the lock or the other controls too>?

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>is it just the lock or the other controls too>?</div>

the window lock and the buttons don't light up on the power window buttons

shannon957g
    My right rear passenger side power door lock doesn't work.
    I inspected the outside of the door and noticed some cracks in the paint like someone had bondo'd the door, but not sealed it properly with primer.

And the left rear passenger side window works, but not too well.

It gets about 1/2 way down or up and stops, and the motor makes a horrendous noise like it's about to explode. It still makes the noise if you try to roll the window up and it's already rolled up.

If you find anything out...let a girl know!

:shock: I posted this like months ago... I still have the same problems... Will probaly go the junkyard this week to find another switch. or clean the one I have.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>It gets about 1/2 way down or up and stops, and the motor makes a horrendous noise like it's about to explode. It still makes the noise if you try to roll the window up and it's already rolled up. </div>

mine does not do that... it gets stuck as it is going up. I have to push it along to help it. I really have to try and get it fixed. But I am lazy too

where are you from shannon957g?

Proto
    Its getting stuck in the tracks, easy fix.

shannon957g
    Yeah ...

I meant it gets stuck halfway when rolling up. Plus when it's all the way up it makes that terrible noise too...but since it's a rear window and I 99% of the time don't have anyone else riding in the G, I'm not worried about it too much.

From Tennessee.

It's horrible here.

SamirDarji
    TN? Where in TN? I used to live in Nashville. I'm in North AL now.

shannon957g
    Technically Maryville.

I work in Knoxville, and make trips to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge/ Sevierville quite often.

Knoxville is my second hometown though...love it there.

Nashville is one of the most beautiful cities I've ever seen.
    Last time I went there was....the beginning of September.

North Alabama?

Dad used to have a g/f in Auburn...so we'd travel there alot like 3 years ago....Pretty cool place down there---better than Maryville, anyway.

SamirDarji
    I miss Nashville. It was more like a city and a lot more alive, but still felt small like Huntsville (where I am now). But this town's ok. At least there's tons of car stuff going on. 8)

shannon957g
    Haha, you got lucky.

All that's here in Maryville are the rednecks who drink all the time--they hang out in the local newspapers parking lot aka "The Daily Times"....

Quality people.. lol

Nightlife? It's dead. This is like retirement city #8 in the US.

SamirDarji
    Well, Huntsville has that share of stuff too. Last Sunday a friend was telling me about the mullets. He saw all sorts shapes and sizes. Women with them, kids with them, rich with them, poor with them. It was nuts!

Our nitelife seems a lot more happenning than it really is. There's only a few places and they're more like bars. There used to be one quality dance club and they got shut down last year and haven't re-opened yet. And everyone going out is soo old around here. Everyone young leaves the city. The city council has put together a team to research how to retain the young people in the city, lol.

shannon957g
    Sounds like what the teens do here.

New Years, a friend and I left to get some food in downtown Knoxville, and he starts to get people to buy him drinks or whatever...so I just like "Okay, be stupid, whatever."

Well, on the way home, my friends like "OOOH WATCH ME RACE THIS MAXIMA!" Knowing all too well he will get beat. I mean a 5 speed 2.2l Ford Probe against a 95-96 model 3.0 Max? Come on, fucktard lol.

So, we finally get on the highway, and my driver cuts over a lane.
    And with no real reason, a cop pull us over....and to make a long story short:
    They arrest him, they reluctantly release me to my brother.
    The guy now has DUI and underage consumption pending against him. The weird thing is that the legal level is .08, and the guys actual level was only .02... but w/e...it's his mistake, not mine. I told him not to drink.

It was my mistake for riding with him after he had those drinks :?

He's the one that has to pay the bills though...guess it sucks to be him.
    Plus his license will probably be taken away for a year, along with court bills.

There's nothing here to keep teens occupied...that's why there's SOMEWHAT a "car scene" around here...the cops try to break that up too.

SamirDarji
    Ouch! One wrong decision.

If there was more stuff do that's one thing, but then most of the youth have this wild streak in them that perpetuated by mtv, lol.

It's funny to watch until someone gets hurt.

shannon957g
    Haha yeah, MTV...it's definitely changed!

Experienced TGC Member
    and this topic split doesnt deserve to be moved or locked? sheesh
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

shannon957g
    No kidding :-/ Sorry, but back to topic.

Anyone recommend where to take our vehicles to get them looked at---

Stealership
    or
    import shop?

SamirDarji
    Buy a factory service manual and never beg the dealer again. Between the FSM and CAPS, you don't ever have to see the dealer again if you choose. Just diagnose the problem according to the manual, find the replacement parts, order them on-line, and then use the manual to install them.