The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: teflon clutch line already failed before i put it in......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 31 of 31
    You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JiP)</div><div class='quotemain'>stupid question but.. how much did it cost you for the parts to make the clutch line..Those stupid an fittings arent cheap, neither is braided line. Â*If I were to buy the parts through summit it would cost me a hell of a lot more then it would to buy it ready made from RRE.</div>

RRE has it already made? show me where. the "Stainless Steel Braided Clutch Flex Line" that RRE sells is only a SS line to go from the firewall to the tranny. it eliminates the rubber hose that runs from the hardline to the accumilator. it is not nearly long enough to go from the master to the slave

unless you're talking about something else completely
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Experienced TGC Member
    I just took a quick glance, my mistake. I thought it was the entier line from master to slave...o well..
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    You should have used the banjo bolt for the slave. I dont know, they use a banjo bolt stock, so I assume using a banjo bolt it wouldnt leak. Im using the banjo

O I forget how much it costs. I posted it in a thread once, here I will quote myself

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Me)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    #5. IF adapter
    Earl's 581531 -3AN male to 3/8-24 inverted flare male adapter.

#4. Female fitting
    Aeroquip FCM1100 -3AN straight TFE female hose fitting. >> more

#3. Teflon racing hose
    Aeroquip FCC0310 -3 teflon racing hose, 10ft. You don't need 10ft., you can order custom length(diff. p/n).

#2. Banjo
    Aeroquip FCM3091 -3 TFE hose fitting, 10mm.

#1. Banjo bolt
    Aeroquip FCM2921 banjo bolt 3/8-24 /w 2 crush washers.

You can order all these parts from Summit except for the earls part, its out of stock. Â*Total comes to around $60.</div>
    7g for life!

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    You should have used the banjo bolt for the slave. I dont know, they use a banjo bolt stock, so I assume using a banjo bolt it wouldnt leak. Im using the banjo

O I forget how much it costs. I posted it in a thread once, here I will quote myself
    well, that wouldn't neccesarily work, because the connection at my slave is the same at my master, and it's not leaking at my master

1994 Galant GS 5spd

I have the same master as you but I am using the banjo master.
    7g for life!

but what i realized, it's not leaking at the connection, it's leaking at the compression where the aeroquip fitting clamps down onto the hose. how it mates to the slave or master isn't the issue.

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Dark7GHawk
    Hey, I found ALL those parts at Summit online for like 65 before shipping. I am going to do that next paycheck.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark7GHawk
    Hey, I found ALL those parts at Summit online for like 65 before shipping. I am going to do that next paycheck.
    it's definitely well worth it, like i said, just use a good sealant against the compression fitting on the SS line

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by peanotation
    but what i realized, it's not leaking at the connection, it's leaking at the compression where the aeroquip fitting clamps down onto the hose. how it mates to the slave or master isn't the issue.
    So what did you seal it with? I dont like the design of AN fittings and how SS line connects to them. Seems way to prone to leakage. Im scared to use them with my fuel lines, but I guess of those top fuel guys use them, so can I
    7g for life!

Quote Originally Posted by peanotation
    So what did you seal it with? I dont like the design of AN fittings and how SS line connects to them. Seems way to prone to leakage. Im scared to use them with my fuel lines, but I guess of those top fuel guys use them, so can I
    i dont blame you, the way they clamp onto the hose made me lose all my faith i had in the teflon line. i didn't use any sealant, but when i rip it apart, i'll have to just fill it up with some kind of compression sealant, likea caulking derivitive

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Dark7GHawk
    Perhaps a tighter grip on the line is required, any rubber line should seal against metal is proper pressure is applied.

I will see if mine is a prob when I get it next paycheck.

Damn car is puffing white smoke upon startup since it sat so long... Must be the valve seals, hope it goes away once its warmed up and the seals are lubed again...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12