The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: looking for 7 g pillar pods.

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17

looking for 7 g pillar pods.

I don't really like the universal ones, have anything to fit our cars?

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    92-95 Civic pillar pods will work with little heat gun to shape it.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

I don't know if they are a real true fit, but I always see double or triple pillar pods "can't remember which one it was." advertised for our cars on ebay.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bradley1997
    I don't know if they are a real true fit, but I always see double or triple pillar pods "can't remember which one it was." advertised for our cars on ebay.
    Well probably true...and is most likely privately made. I havent seen a mainstream company like Autometer make guage pods specifically for 94-98 Galants.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

check ebay, there was an auction a few onths back for a complete replacement pillar, not just a stick on, for a 94-98 G, do a search.

Experienced TGC Member
    Friend gave me his eclipse dual pod apillar that fits rather nicely...but had to heat mold it to get it right. Got rid of it though and just mounted the gauges infront of the stock cluster in the right hand corner...easier for me to read them over there since im so used to looking at the stock gauges
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    there's a custom triple pillar pod on ebay i see every once in a while, made specifically for the 7Gs, but it was over $70 after shipping. i bought the civic pod, and that thing needed so much work to fit, so i just sold it back on ebay. i then bought a triple pillar pod for a 94-01 acura integra and it fit sooooooo well. i just had to cut a little off the top. no molding required. just shove it in, cut a little off the top with a dremel, and you're good to go.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by peanotation
    there's a custom triple pillar pod on ebay i see every once in a while, made specifically for the 7Gs, but it was over $70 after shipping. i bought the civic pod, and that thing needed so much work to fit, so i just sold it back on ebay. i then bought a triple pillar pod for a 94-01 acura integra and it fit sooooooo well. i just had to cut a little off the top. no molding required. just shove it in, cut a little off the top with a dremel, and you're good to go.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...sspagename=WDVW
    is this it?

brandon
    That one should fit with minimal modification.

I'm using a 94-01 2 pod add-on that kinda looks crappy. Oh well. haha

hey peanotation....

Quote Originally Posted by peanotation
    do you have pics of this install?

i have the triple pod that was on ebay........it fots perfect and worth every penny....this dude has a fg mold and makes it himself.......and it fit perfect....havent seen it on ebay for some time but it is worth every penny
    TEAM GENESIS

here's mine, havn't replaced my volt meter with the EGT in my garage; big picture:

1994 Galant GS 5spd

ok so how do you install the wires behind there!? I never understood that? Maybe I am stupid on that one (shut up Matt). LOL And where do the gauges tap into? Do you tap the ecu or direct to the part...IE egt to oxygen sensor? (that is right right?) I know what I am trying to say but cant put it into words...hope you get my drift

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    I have a 2 pod molded to my pillar, its really rather easy...
    7g for life!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(evil-G-nius (aka Kimya))</div><div class='quotemain'>ok so how do you install the wires behind there!? I never understood that? Maybe I am stupid on that one (shut up Matt). LOL And where do the gauges tap into? Do you tap the ecu or direct to the part...IE egt to oxygen sensor? (that is right right?) I know what I am trying to say but cant put it into words...hope you get my drift</div>

to get the wires back there, you have the pillar pod laying with the empty side up, with the gauges down, so you have full access to the hollow part of it. wire everything up from the dash with the pillar pod right there. then when ur done, just cram the bottom down in between the dash and pillar, and i had to put a screw at the top to hold it in.

i tapped my a/f gauge at the o2 sensor, at one of the harnesses where the intake manifold is. just follow the o2 sensor up from the exhaust, and you'll have to try all 4 of the wires at the harness. getting to my ECU is impossible for me, so i have to go to the direct part.

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>i tapped my a/f gauge at the o2 sensor, at one of the harnesses where the intake manifold is. just follow the o2 sensor up from the exhaust, and you'll have to try all 4 of the wires at the harness. getting to my ECU is impossible for me, so i have to go to the direct part.</div>

Not that o2 sensors are of great use anyway but...but if your gonna tap under the hood (just lazyness!) you gotta use shielded wire.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

smashedg

7g gauge pod

I have one for sale with 2 gauges air fuel ratio and oil temp $60