The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8G AGX sits higher??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 22

8G AGX sits higher??

Anyone else experience this? swap over to AGX for the 3g Eclipse, and my car sits about 1/2-3/4" higher all the way around? does anyone know if the lower perches are welded up higher then on the galant?

8ggalant
    its not that...how old were yer shocks...if they were blown are starting to go your car was already sitting lower than it was supposed to...everyone i kno (w/ older shocks) had this happen to them...now if the comparison was made w/ 2 NEW sets of shocks 1 oem and one kyb...that would be an easier way to judge this

It's because your stock shocks were partly worn so they sag a little bit. Now that you have put on brand new performance shocks, it back to its original height.
    2001 Galant I4 Dover Pearl

Mods:
    Injen CAI
    GC Coilovers
    18x8.5 ADR M-Classics
    225/40HR Kumho Ectsa Supra's
    Nokya H4 Headlights
    Clear Corners
    Reverse Indiglo Guages

Soon to Come...
    Apexi N-1 Exhaust
    x2 JL Audio W6 Subs

01GalantLSV6
    i instaled my agx's about a month ago. prior to them ihad stock shocks with the aggressive progress drop. my car rose about 3/4 inch and has settled back down 1/4 inch so overall i lost about a 1/2 inch of drop all around. but factor in handling and the no more bottoming out, its worth it.

EGALANT01
    I just installed my kyb agx struts today the car def. sits higher then it was. I know that some of the reason is because the stocks were starting to go already, I didn't cut the bump stops either, if I was will that help it drop at all? I don't think it would but i figured I would ask.

GalantGuy96
    ya that happenes with all shocks, they sit higher at the begining, but if you give them a little time they will drop to what they are supposed to be.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GalantGuy96)</div><div class='quotemain'>ya that happenes with all shocks, they sit higher at the begining, but if you give them a little time they will drop to what they are supposed to be.</div>

yeah, my AGXs took about a month to break in, but i was on coilovers back then, so it was a little bit more harsh of a drop
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

hey so.. if i wanted to get agx.. it will kind of raise my car?? i am riding on progress right now.//// what do u guys think..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EGALANT01)</div><div class='quotemain'>I just installed my kyb agx struts today the car def. sits higher then it was. Â*I know that some of the reason is because the stocks were starting to go already, I didn't cut the bump stops either, if I was will that help it drop at all? I don't think it would but i figured I would ask.</div>
    Cutting the bump stops has nothing to do with height, you are supposed to cut them so that your suspension has more travel before you bottom out the struts/shocks.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(neel9)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey so.. if i wanted to get agx.. it will kind of raise my car?? i am riding on progress right now.//// what do u guys think..</div>
    Yes, more than likely your car will raise 1/2" or so.

Phew! i was beginning to think my installation of KYBs werent good.... it felt like i m back to stock height! this thread helps:)
    <span style='font-size:22pt;line-height:100%'>Geaux Tigers!!!!!!</span>

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wannabee)</div><div class='quotemain'>Phew! i was beginning to think my installation of KYBs werent good.... it felt like i m back to stock height! this thread helps:)</div>

Holy Old Post BatMan!!!!!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pvu_rida)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wannabee)</div><div class='quotemain'>Phew! i was beginning to think my installation of KYBs werent good.... it felt like i m back to stock height! this thread helps:)</div>

Holy Old Post BatMan!!!!!!!</div>

I know... better than starting a new one n ppl pointing me to search heheheh

Standard struts/shocks don't affect a vehicles ride height. The only strut/shock I've ever seen to affect ride height is air powered struts/shocks.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    GOOOOOOOD MAAAN

Calipso
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pvu_rida)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wannabee)</div><div class='quotemain'>Phew! i was beginning to think my installation of KYBs werent good.... it felt like i m back to stock height! this thread helps:)</div>

Holy Old Post BatMan!!!!!!!</div>

Welcome to 18 months ago!

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    ahhh shuttup, u 2 are the first people to post SEARCH when someone asks a question that's been answered, and now that someone does search u try to drill on him! BOOOOOOO

^^ THANK YOU ........... and u old skool bastards.... yr time will come tooo lol j/k i was just worried about the height... i was actually gonna make a thread but i searched before i did that n found this....

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Serstylz2)</div><div class='quotemain'>ahhh shuttup, u 2 are the first people to post SEARCH when someone asks a question that's been answered, and now that someone does search u try to drill on him! BOOOOOOO</div>

I know u aint the one to talk.... I got the holy old post batman quote from you lol

how come must galants shocks in the rear are blown. you dont see it on other similar cars like galants. i see galants all around my area that looks like they have sandbags in the trunk. that white galant i was driving for a short time was lower than my car in the rear on a stock suspention
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

anyone have this prob with the GR-2 brand from KYB? or does all new shocks and struts make your car sit higher till broken in?
    R.I.P. My fellow Galant owner. May God be with you and your family.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast