The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: intercooler piping pictures

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

intercooler piping pictures

anybody have some i need to get some ideas on how to run the piping? all i need is the piping and resister box then i can start my install so any help would be great
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

brandon
    Use your imagination.

Not sure if you have a 7G or 8G, but I have a few pictures of mine at the link below.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar

Good? I just went the shortest route I could.
    7g for life!

thanks for the great pictures guys i have an 8th gen I4 the main concern i have is the piping from the turbo outlet to the FMIC i have the same outlet at you do Brandon but i have a starion intercooler so i was trying to see how i was gonna fit the IC behind the bumper and run the pipes i'll be using flexable raidator hose too with sections of steel piping too. Brandon do you have any other pictures of where the pipe goes after it comes off the turbo outlet.

seth98esT what pipe is that in your 4th picture and where did you get your j pipe from?

and also what kind of intake pipe are you guys using?
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

brandon
    When you say the pipe that comes off the turbo outlet, do you mean from the j-pipe to the IC?

I'm using a SMIC, so my pics might not be the best reference... but I just used a flexible radiator hose to go from the j-pipe to the SMIC and it worked out pretty well.

For the intake, I used the stock 1G and then a short section of metal pipe to a reducer to fit the inlet.

youngcs
    where did you mount you smic on the car I would like to get a general idea so that i know where to put mine when i start the swap

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    4th pic is looking from under the car on the passernger side. Looking up from the pipe that goes from the intercooler and up over the transmission and to the throttle body.

I used a 2g Dejon Tool intake pipe and J-pipe, both bought at www.diamondstarmotorsport.com
    7g for life!

brandon
    Quote Originally Posted by youngcs
    where did you mount you smic on the car I would like to get a general idea so that i know where to put mine when i start the swap
    Again, not sure how everything is set up on an 8G, but I mounted mine in the passenger side wheel well, where the charcoal canister and other emissions BS used to be.

Had to do a decent amount of cutting and drilling but it worked out to be a nice and snug fit.

youngcs
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brandon)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(youngcs)</div><div class='quotemain'>where did you mount you smic on the car I would like to get a general idea so that i know where to put mine when i start the swap</div>

Again, not sure how everything is set up on an 8G, but I mounted mine in the passenger side wheel well, where the charcoal canister and other emissions BS used to be.

Had to do a decent amount of cutting and drilling but it worked out to be a nice and snug fit.</div>

I have a 7g, thats why i asked u where u put it at.

brandon
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(youngcs)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brandon)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(youngcs)</div><div class='quotemain'>where did you mount you smic on the car I would like to get a general idea so that i know where to put mine when i start the swap</div>

Had to do a decent amount of cutting and drilling but it worked out to be a nice and snug fit.</div>

I have a 7g, thats why i asked u where u put it at.</div>

My bad...

Just another thing to note about the SMIC... I have the stock 2G one, and I know a lot of people prefer the Supra SMIC, but I don't think anything bigger than the 2G would fit.