The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8G OEM Hood and windshield price.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 22

8G OEM Hood and windshield price.....

Well, I fucked up and didn't latch down my hood properly and it flew open at around 65 mph. Man that was a scary fucking experience. Anyways, for insurance purposes, I am curious if anyone knows the ballpark price of a brand new OEM hood from the dealer? Also any ideas on front windshield prices would be great..thanks.
    "No matter what you do, look good doing it!"

Rare Elementz "What makes you stand out?"

Censee
    maybe it flew open cuz u dont have hood pins on the cf hood....thats what we talking about right,,,

Well heres the info from my windshield replacement:

Windshield $311.36
    Labor $58
    Urethande, dam, primer $10
    Moulding (upper) $11.58
    Tax $25.80
    Subtotal $416.74

Luckily my insurance deductible was $250, but still :x

i know the junk yard here has the windshield for like 150 and like another 50 bucks for the install.

i think the hood was like 300 some bucks at the dealer. and then paint. the junkyard i believe has an 8g hood with some minor damage. like a ding on it and i think thats 200 bucks.

if you're really desperate i always do have my spare one. its a lil damaged. small ding in the middle and that small dent on the side. i'll let that go for cheap if really need it.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Thanks everyone. Actually I was thinking about going through the insurance company and I wanted to make sure that the OEM value will cover me getting a new CF hood. I'm sure it will, but we'll see what happens.

So wanderingpinoy...your hood didn't get damaged at all? Was it a CF hood?

My hood is still stock - my windshield was damaged by rocks from the back of a dump truck

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Censee)</div><div class='quotemain'>maybe it flew open cuz u dont have hood pins on the cf hood....thats what we talking about right,,,</div>

I thought people would have learned they need pins in that hood, from all the hoods that have been broken or damaged..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

Well, that hood had two previous owners....Chris and Chip. They never had used hoodpins on it so that's not the problem. You see...I was installing an AFR gauge and I took it around the block to test it and I forgot that I had popped my hood open and forgot to latch it down. But yeah...my next hood will defintely have hoodpins regardless of how confident I feel about it.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    ooh so the actual hood wasn't all the way down... those CF hoods always made me nervous

Anyone know where you can get a regular EVO style hood, i dont want the CF?

Vic ,...

Sorry to hear about that ... let me know if you need help with anything.....

dam vic.....yeah you need some pins

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Serstylz2)</div><div class='quotemain'>ooh so the actual hood wasn't all the way down... those CF hoods always made me nervous

Anyone know where you can get a regular EVO style hood, i dont want the CF?</div>

You can get on from, www.erbuni.com
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Serstylz2)</div><div class='quotemain'>ooh so the actual hood wasn't all the way down... those CF hoods always made me nervous
    </div>

well even the stock hood will fly up and hit you in the windshield if you don't close it all the way...its not like the hood failed its user error.

I'm going to user error you when I see you next time Allan!!! :evil:

Just playing...but yeah... I was pretty fucking pissed off at myself after it happened :oops:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vic_v_jr)</div><div class='quotemain'>Just playing...but yeah... I was pretty fucking pissed off at myself after it happened :oops:</div>

i would be too. if you need any parts for cheap like the hood hindges, windshield, and anything else i know the junk yard jsut got an 8g like 2-3 weeks ago and all that stuff is still good. the prices be cheap too. maybe save some money on that windshield and use that savings to buy hood pins or maybe make some kinda reminder buzzer that tells you if your hood is closed or not lol

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HeadAche)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Serstylz2)</div><div class='quotemain'>ooh so the actual hood wasn't all the way down... those CF hoods always made me nervous

Anyone know where you can get a regular EVO style hood, i dont want the CF?</div>

You can get on from, www.erbuni.com</div>

that website link right?

its erebuni.net.

but yea if i were to choose between cf and fg for a hood. i'd go for the cf.

cf is stronger than the fg

cf can stand higher heats than fg

cf has the same weight reducting qualities that fg has

only thing is..cf is more expensive than fg.

i'd go for a cf hood and just paint it. others here have done and and you can't really tell that its cf under there...other than the weight

buzzer huh? hmmm...

I just had it towed to the body shop...screw it I'm going through the insurance. Good thing is my body shop friend is going to try and work a little insurance magic

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vic_v_jr)</div><div class='quotemain'> buzzer huh? Â*hmmm...

I just had it towed to the body shop...screw it I'm going through the insurance. Â*Good thing is my body shop friend is going to try and work a little insurance magic </div>

thats kool. get the body shop to pull up the dealer rates and get paid for that lol. i bet your friend at the body shop can get that windshield at the junk yard for a lil over 100 bucks since he works for a shop...looks like you can get me a cf hood too with all that money you're saving hahaha

Well actually...he's had the rest of my bodykit sitting in his shop primered and ready to mount for a couple of months now but I haven't been able to get the loot together for the install...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast