The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 1994 Galant GS DOHC

Showing results 1 to 19 of 19
    it pretty much is the DOHC head that u can find on the eclipse's 4g63

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

it's a 95 eclipse turbo head.

a.k.a. 2g turbo head

same Everything (but i think the Cam profiles Are different)
    Craig R.
    [email protected], Gclipse96 on AIM

1996Galant 14.0@103
    biggest b00bies EvAr

nitegsrider
    Hey i have a 94 gs!!! i can try and get a pic of the head for ya!!!

98galant
    Can anyone provide a pic???????

I dot' know the link off-had.. but there's a picture in the Files section of [email protected]

I leave the Files public So y'all Can view them if you need to
    Craig R.

1996Galant 14.0@103
    biggest b00bies EvAr

I have the sohc if I swap the head out to a dohc would I get noticeable gain. Coz if Iam right doesnt the dohc have like 160hp, and the sohc only 140hp ??? I know i would have to probably gat a new hood too right ???

the 4g64 DOHC is 160, the 4g63t DOHC has more hp, and yes, u will need the 94 Galant hood

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Nooooooooo not my hood. lol

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

no...
    you will notice no gains from swapping heads

just swapping heads won't Give you a NOTICABLE gain... (maybe 3 Hp)

you need the ECU so you can take advantage of the allowable Timing, a/f trims and higher CFM head.

unless you go full-boat... it's worthless....
    Craig R.

1996Galant 14.0@103
    biggest b00bies EvAr

So if I switch to a dohc and a new ecu, would I then get the full 160 hp??? Does anyone know how much this would cost roughly??? THANKZ !!! This 140hp isnt really working for me. I got an intake, exhaust. Headers on backorder. I wanna get to about 200-220hp but keep somewhat street legal. THANKZ AGAIN!!!

hehe, i'll be pushing 300hp soon

denver... I'm certain you're better Than 300HP...
    or at least you *WERE*
    Craig R.

1996Galant 14.0@103
    biggest b00bies EvAr

well after all the fine tuning, i guess i was, but I wanna make this new engine more than the last, I want my first dyno to be over 300hp

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(flipz_ny79)</div><div class='quotemain'>So if I switch to a dohc and a new ecu, would I then get the full 160 hp??? Does anyone know how much this would cost roughly??? THANKZ !!! This 140hp isnt really working for me. I got an intake, exhaust. Headers on backorder. I wanna get to about 200-220hp but keep somewhat street legal. Â*THANKZ AGAIN!!!</div>

your not gonna get 160. first of all that 160 is at the crank when the motor was new. but yea justl ike craig said ur not really gonna notice some gains until u start building up more and more mods. i mean since this is a swap your probably gonna lose hp from that 160 by doing so.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Galant Ryder
    no you dont ned to actually get a 94 hood. its possble to cut out the piece from where the thing sticks out from. just look at galantspeed.com and look at the swap pics. you'll get a better understanding of what im talking about.

Kain
    Hmm, head swapping....pain in the anus. Not really all that great either. I'll try to put this into perspective for anyone thinking about this. (And FYI I'm not being condescending or anything, I actually considered this myself until I did some reasearch on the subject)

SOHC '64s have a compression ratio of 9.5:1 while DOHC '64s have a compression ratio of 10:1 (at least that's what it says in the manual that came with the car) SO all else considered, even with a full head swap, I.E. head, ECU, etc you would not see the full 20 hp diffrence

The SOHC head flows just as well as the DOHC head. They both use the same valves and are based on the same design. The only real advantage you would see in a DOHC head is in messing with the timing (as the intake and exhaust cams are independantly variable)

If anyone has ever taken off the Intake manifold on the SOHC '64 they'd have seen the laughably small runners therin. If you want the HP of a swap without laying out the cash, just take off the intake manifold, take it to the machine shop and have them open it up. A good shop should be able to increase flow by 50-75% more than that might compromise the integrity of the Manifold. You're total cost would be under $500 (on the very high side I might add. I can almost guarantee lower) and you would not have the potential problems of a head swap (integrity of the head, timing issues, head gasket sealage, parts interchangability, etc) and if you get a used Intake manifold from a junkyard to do this with you're down time could be only a couple of hours and you'd have a spare incase of critical malfunction.

I'm not trying to discourage a head swap, but I do want people to know that you can get more for less, easier. And if you insist on swapping heads, perhaps just swap in a new SOHC head after a run through the Machine shop for P&P, new valves, springs, guides, etc and and get BIG gains. In short, don't blindly believe the Hype of the '63 crowd. The '64 has a great deal of untapped potential. There's a reason so many DSM tuners have started raiding the junkyards for '64 crankshafts...

Dark Anghell
    I have heard from my friend that there are couple of guys out there that have swapped a 4g64 (DOHC) into their eclipses, turbo'ed them, and ofcourse all new internals, the cars are running high 10 or low 11's!!!

Would it make sense to port and polish my head if I might go turbo later on?

schick
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Would it make sense to port and polish my head if I might go turbo later on?</div>

It would make sense to do this just as it's own mod!
    The quicker you get the air in and out of the cylinder the better.

I plan on doing the port/polish on my G, starting with an ExtrudeHone of the intake manifold, then getting the head done (when I get the $).
    Luckily, I found a spare intake on Ebay and won it for $25, it's in great condition.

soooo
    what you're trying to say.... is that What i've been Saying... is True =0]

thanks for the backing, Scott......

even though you have no idea you did it.....

keep your damn heads.. just open them up!!!
    Craig R.

1996Galant 14.0@103
    biggest b00bies EvAr