The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: intake plenum efficiency

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    01rbuild

intake plenum efficiency

i have the 8g i4 01

i want to work on the intake would 97 spyder intake be ok or is there better? meaning less work better performance or just the last?

the plenum goes with injectors, sensors, rail and tb?

Re: intake plenum efficiency

Quote Originally Posted by 01rbuild
    i have the 8g i4 01

i want to work on the intake would 97 spyder intake be ok or is there better? meaning less work better performance or just the last?

the plenum goes with injectors, sensors, rail and tb?
    What the hell did you just say? Try rewording and I'll consider answering your question when I understand what you're saying.

If my deciphering of your post is correct, you don't really know what a "plenum" is. It's not the entire intake manifold, it's the "chamber" that separates into the runners that lead into the cylinder head. The size of the plenum (and length/diameter of aforementioned runners) affects powerband quite dramatically.

YEA I HAD NO I DEA WHAT YOU JUST SAID MAN!
    2002 Silver Galant

"If a man yells in the Woods, But there is no women around to hear him, Is he still wrong?"

A question that has plauged man for ages.

01rbuild
    plenum/intake is all one at this moment cause
    i mean to replace the whole entire intake system from runers/plenum/trotle body/rails/injectors/cruise control.

i think this is clear hope so

has anyone attempted to do this?

TGC Regular
    sorry for my lack of knowledge on the i4 (this info is based off of what i know about the v6)

assuming that the 97 spyder and your car has the same i4, i dont see any real reason to swap the intake manifold and throttle body. they should be exactly the same(someone correct me here if i'm wrong).

if you want to get any kind of performance from modifying a plenum and throttle body you would have to get a larger throttle body and depending on how big it is you would have to port out the plenum to match the size of the throttle body.

the only thing that physically connects to the plenum (the big fat chamber after the throttle body) is the throttle body. the runners are the "pipes" that lead from the plenum into cylinder head. rails (fuel rail?) injectors and sensors are not connected to the intake manifold(again someone correct me here if i'm wrong)
    Your signature is too long.

01rbuild
    well i guess u dont know about the eclipse intake
    i4 galant has 1 unit runners and a little box for a plenum

spyder has plenum and runners separates i think and im almost sure its worth the swap, i guess no one has done it.

obtw i have done the mani swap with same car, i think awsome .