The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: So I finally got sick of those e-superchargers

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

So I finally got sick of those e-superchargers

So I wrote one of the companies an email. Enjoy, and I'll keep everyone posted on what develops.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew
    Well, as soon as I saw another "Electronic Supercharger" post on a board I
    frequent, I was, as usual, annoyed. Companies believing that they can sell off
    these fake products by quoting blatantly false information and making
    outrageous claims that attempt to con the less mechanically inclined members of
    society is ridiculous. Most of the time, I stick to my typical arguments of
    pressure vs. airflow with regards to displacement, compressor efficiency, and
    turbine speed. I'm going to do something a little different with you this time,
    though. I have a few questions and a few comments about some material on your
    site (http://www.esuperchargers.com/index.html) concerning the Jet Stream
    Electronic Supercharger.

1. Your first claim: "The Jet Streamâ„¢ Electric Supercharger is capable of boost
    levels up to 2psi!!" That's great. I doubt it is, but even so, wonderful.
    You've essentially done nothing but provide me with more ammunition for my
    later arguments. In and of itself, this increase in boost pressure is
    meaningless to the more educated members of the car tuning world. Get some real
    statistics and I will be glad to even consider this as anything less than a
    logical fallacy.

2. "...immediately be capable of delivering a 5-20% boost in horsepower
    throughout the entire RPM band GUARANTEED or your money back!" So, a 20%
    increase in horsepower throughout the entire RPM range? You're trying to tell
    me that you've discovered a device that for $80, will increase power that
    dramatically? If you believe that, I doubt you're even capable of reading a
    dyno sheet. In your response, please attach dyno sheets, along with a link to a
    video of the dynamometer metering your test car. You won't have either, because
    you're making things up.

3. "Gain up to 2psi equivalent boost, from 750cfm airflow" Ok, now we're getting
    some more numbers. The problem is, those numbers are all messed up! Silly you.
    You must be strapping these electronic superchargers on some pretty massive
    engines and have gigantic fans inside these things to be able to move
    approximately 53lbs/min of air through a motor! Wait, after reviewing your
    previous claims, I think you need to increase your claimed power increase
    numbers. 53lbs/min is typically good for around 450hp on a decent motor. You
    really should start talking about 150% increases in horsepower; you'd get a lot
    more business that way. Your claims are extremely faulty, as is your mastery of
    the English language. Tiny electronic fans do not flow 750cfm of air at 2psi
    pressure. Boost pressure increases in and of themselves do not mean jack squat.
    Your CFM numbers are all off. Next claim.

4. "Superchargers capable up to 24,000rpm" What? 24,000rpm? Shaft speeds of even the largest, most efficient compressors are around 95,000-100,000 at full
    pressure. Again, let's go back and review your claims. 750cfm @ 2 psi @
    24,000RPM shaft speed? Nuh-uh. Not working. So, seeing as you are a "respectable" company, I'll assume you mean engine speed, since that is the only thing even coming remotely close to making sense in this equation. At an engine speed of 24,000rpm, which is essentially impossible in a street engine, this fake supercharger of yours would choke the life out of the motor. Even if your fan could flow 750cfm, a low-displacement (3.0L) engine running 24,000RPM with an assumed volumetric efficiency of 100% and a 1.137pressure ratio (aka, 2psi) would require 1446.35cfm of air a minute. That's almost twice as much air as you claim you can flow. Oops, wrong on both counts. Next claim.

5. "Not harmfull to your car in any way" How about when the little fins break off your supercharger and go careening down your intake path, only to be shattered and sent into the cylinders or get crammed somewhere in the intake runners? Or how about when your supercharger fails or overruns itself, knocking the air/fuel ratio off, sending your car into a detonation or rich mixture cycle that will destroy it very quickly? Ah, that's what I thought. It's BS.

6. "Increases your cars gas mileage by up to 10%" Please tell me this is a joke. If your device increases airflow by as much as you claim, there is no way in hell you are going to see an INCREASE in gas mileage. When you make more power via increased MEP in the cylinders, you lose gas mileage. It's as easy as that. This is such a BS claim that it was hard to stop laughing long enough to write this email.

Anyway, in closing, I'm going to make sure that everyone on every board I go to sees this email and knows your company is full of shit. Your product is fake, your ideas are fake, and your knowledge of the general dynamics of forced induction systems is fake. Either revise your information so it is correct (and provide flow bench results and real dyno graphs, not the fake ones from your site)or I can guarantee you your company is going to see a major hit in whatever sales you are already putting up. Understand that these claims are false and making them without a shred of reality of evidence to support them is wrong. Please respond to this email so we can get things straightened out quickly. Thank you.

Drew

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    you realize the people who sell those barely speak english, and when they see an email like that won't bother reading it because it will take them about 4 days.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

01GalantLSV6
    ::claps::

you should have your own automotive spin off of the oreilly factor, for lack of creativity we'll call it the drew factor. your guests will include fake supercharger manufacturers, performance chip worth 20 horsepower manufacturers, the makreting team of the "tornado", the fake turbo whistle inside your muffler people, and the fine folks at octane booster adds 50 horsepower to a non aspirated factory vehicle people.

well done

i wanna see their defense if they even bother to try and refute it.
    2002 Galant ES - I4, Viynl Interior by P
    Pioneer AVH-P5700 DVD, RF P4004, RF P8002, 2-Infinity 12" Perfect 12.1DV Subs
    Lightning Audio Digital Capacitor
    Infinity Speakers,GTZ Spoiler, Ractive E-brake, Chrome Door Handles, CF Armrest
    Freedom Design Strut Bar, Cleared Corners
    KUMHO 711 Tires, CF Interior Trim

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    hah well that was worthless. I can almost gaurantee you they know thier product is crap. They know their product will more then likely not work on any given application, even a lawnmower. They are just in it for the cash flow. Sure its false advertising, but Im sure they have a disclaimer somehwere on their auction in itty bitty lettering saying that they are not gauranteeing anything. But good writeup anyhow Drew :thumbsup:
    7g for life!