The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: To fit or not to fit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 38

To fit or not to fit

[b][i]There's alot of know it all talk about what headers can fit the 7g and what can't..I would like to know if this fits http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=33630 (sorry copy and paste) ...I know the downpipe might not fit but will the header bolt on to our stock downpipe?
    No man is your friend, No man is your enemy, Every man is your Teacher

won't fit

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

headers won't?

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    No that header will not fit. Not that we use a header, not headers plural
    7g for life!

yea seth is right. that header is for a chrysler motor. we have mitsu motors in our engine bays.

Grammar teacher? Any idea which gen eclipse HEADER fit 7g stock downpipe

the only 2g eclipse that has a mitsu n/a motor is the 2.4L found in the spyder. that will fit with some modification.

the 3g eclipse motor and the 8g galant motors are the same

and you can use the header from the 1g eclipse 4g63 n/a but agian modifications are needed.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Technically a 3g/8g header will bolt up to our 4g64. But clearance near the oil pan and downpipe is the question. Im guessing if the header is not a fuel length header(goes from head all the way down under the oil pan) and it is like our stock header(downpipe bolts onto it before going under the oil pan) theres no doubt that they will fit. You woudl then just need a custom downpipe. Thats just my theory though...
    7g for life!

So if i was just getting the header I can get an 8g header that will bolt on with no mod..I don't need a downpipe (customizing one)..and one more question..what's the difference as far as performance between an oem and aftermarket header....I'm just thinking of buying the oem header and downpipe for $135 free shipping intead of paying more than that amount for just a header that might not fit

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    Technically a 3g/8g header will bolt up to our 4g64. But clearance near the oil pan and downpipe is the question. Im guessing if the header is not a fuel length header(goes from head all the way down under the oil pan) and it is like our stock header(downpipe bolts onto it before going under the oil pan) theres no doubt that they will fit. You woudl then just need a custom downpipe. Thats just my theory though...
    Mindless has had an obx 8g header on his 7g for awhile now... but b/c he's dropped, the bottom of it keeps on scarping... I also think he's on steelies so that could be a reason why it scraps

when is we gon be free????

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodgson316
    Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    Mindless has had an obx 8g header on his 7g for awhile now... but b/c he's dropped, the bottom of it keeps on scarping... I also think he's on steelies so that could be a reason why it scraps
    and i think he's also lowered.

the links to the headers you posted wont fit, because you posted headers for the non-turbo 2G engine, which is a 420a, won't fit. we need the header off a 2G spyder n/a to fit, since it's the 2.4L 4g64. RPW makes a header for our cars, but you have to order it through vision imports, and the fact that i said vision imports makes getting anything a fucking nightmare. they're a joke.

why do you want a header? i've heard of 7Gs losing power from them, havn't heard any gaining. if you really really want a header, get the OBX ones for the 8G, and you'll have to get a custom downpipe made. just go to an exhaust shop and they'll do it quick.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

I just figured since everyone has them it will be a reasonable mod for my G..are you serious they you could loose power? that sucks but I need a new header anyway ....the old one is um old and rusty and I've checked around on the net and find next to nothing about getting an oem header....I'll probably just get the 8g header...by the way is it necessary to put on a new downpipe or can I just bolt the new header on to the old stock downpipe...thanks guys for the input

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stopfakn
    I just figured since everyone has them it will be a reasonable mod for my G..are you serious they you could loose power? that sucks but I need a new header anyway ....the old one is um old and rusty and I've checked around on the net and find next to nothing about getting an oem header....I'll probably just get the 8g header...by the way is it necessary to put on a new downpipe or can I just bolt the new header on to the old stock downpipe...thanks guys for the input
    not really everyone has one, maybe the civic drivers all have them, doesn't exactly mean it's a good thing though. the most hp people have legitimately claimed is 4-5bhp, not worth it for the money IMO. the header on our cars rusts for everyone, if you're looking for a cosmetic fix just get them powder coated. for the 8G header i'm pretty sure you need a new down pipe.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Mindless
    save your money and turbo....not worth it. Trust me.

the old one is um old and rusty
    Uh, yeah. Cast iron headers do that. If you plan on replacing your header everytime it turns brown, you're in for spending a lot of money. Think before you drop that kind of money.

clone2020
    Back in June of 2003, I spent $5 on some high-temp paint.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewt...pic.php?t=18337

-MIKE.

alright integra i figured it's been on there for like 95k miles so the inside might be a little rusty too...no need for smart ass replies

TGC Regular
    he wasn't bein a smart ass... just statin facts. If you look at almost any car before 98 (just as a reference) w/ a stock exhaust manifold they are most likely rusted... If your not thinkin about going turbo in the near future, I'd go ahead and get the 8g header 8)

when is we gon be free????

alright integra i figured it's been on there for like 95k miles so the inside might be a little rusty too...no need for smart ass replies
    Holy shit, if someone doesn't come in the thread kissing your nutsack, you tell them they are giving you smart ass replies. Don't give me that shit. And change your avatar, moron.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast