The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Remove crashbar for kit?

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

Remove crashbar for kit?

Whats goin on?
    This is my first post @ TGC I'm getting ready to make-over my ride and I'm about to order the cyber kit...

I've heard from different people that they had to removed the crashbar to install the kit...
    If whoever has this kit would reply to this thread I would really appreciate it!
    Any info about the kit or the instillation would be tight :!:

Thanks

No you do not have to remove or modify the crashbar to install the Cyber Kit as it is a USDM kit, BUT there are kits like this one that are JDM and yes you do have to modify your crash bar. The only way you'd have to remove/modify the crash bar is if it is a JDM-made kit or bumper..

So no you do not have to remove the crash bar, unless it's molded off a JDM mold.. Hopefully this'll answer your question!
    <a href='http://ipods.freepay.com/?r=22659223' target='_blank'>http://ipods.freepay.com/?r=22659223</a>

not necesarily*spelling*

TWISTED back when the G was his, his has the crash bar.. and was jdm front or atlesat should be since its got JDMs and back when he had chrome housing had gaps...

OLD^^
    NEW

Diego

back the crash bar truck up guys...the ONLY usdm kit i know that's made is erac1ngs tigershark kit....which is not the Crux rip-off shogun/cyberwhatever kit.....so in order to have a crash bar for that kit....you have to have our usdm crash bar modified...or find a jdm crash bar ($$$$) unless maybe you happen to find a genuine USDM Crux kit
    President Team DNA IL Chapter
    [email protected]
    www.dnaracing.net

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SilverDragonGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>back the crash bar truck up guys...the ONLY usdm kit i know that's made is erac1ngs tigershark kit....which is not the Crux rip-off shogun/cyberwhatever kit.....so in order to have a crash bar for that kit....you have to have our usdm crash bar modified...or find a jdm crash bar ($$$$) Â*unless maybe you happen to find a genuine USDM Crux kit Â* Â*</div>

Or just make a new one..

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DNA_Racing.net)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SilverDragonGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>back the crash bar truck up guys...the ONLY usdm kit i know that's made is erac1ngs tigershark kit....which is not the Crux rip-off shogun/cyberwhatever kit.....so in order to have a crash bar for that kit....you have to have our usdm crash bar modified...or find a jdm crash bar ($$$$) Â*unless maybe you happen to find a genuine USDM Crux kit Â* Â*</div>

Or just make a new one..

</div>

Looks like that just might be the way to go....I would hate to SMASH my front end just because I removed the crashbar!

I really appreciate all the help...

if anyone has any more info.....
    bring it on!
    When I come out with the kit & my 19's...I'll be sure to post pics!

Thanks

Censee
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DNA_Racing.net)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SilverDragonGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>back the crash bar truck up guys...the ONLY usdm kit i know that's made is erac1ngs tigershark kit....which is not the Crux rip-off shogun/cyberwhatever kit.....so in order to have a crash bar for that kit....you have to have our usdm crash bar modified...or find a jdm crash bar ($$$$) Â*unless maybe you happen to find a genuine USDM Crux kit Â* Â*</div>

Or just make a new one..

</div>

hahaha thats ghetto fab!!!!

MitsuBoyGalant
    did you have any trouble with the front besides the crash bar?

Anyone got anymore information??

I recieved my kit TODAY....and should start installation this weekend!
    :!:

Thanks alot!

Get a new crash bar made. I had the shop make a new one for me. They used the rails from the stock crash bar, then welded a couple pieces of metal bar onto them. The shop also re-used the rubber vibration dampers on the back of the stock bar. I don't know if that's what they actually are, but I suppose if they help with vibration, then great. They were on the back of the stock bar for a reason and the shop says it's for vibration.

^^^

Sweet thanks alot!......
    A little info here and there always helps!!

Thank you - Any more info from anyone?
    8)

installing jdm bumpers

i was wondering how much your shop charged you to install your front and rear bumper as well as fabricate you a new crashbar. i would do it myself but all i have is a dremel and i figure that would take me a whole day just to cut. also, did they have to cut the rear crash bar for the rear bumper to fit? thanks

Re: installing jdm bumpers

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(qnz)</div><div class='quotemain'>i was wondering how much your shop charged you to install your front and rear bumper as well as fabricate you a new crashbar. i would do it myself but all i have is a dremel and i figure that would take me a whole day just to cut. also, did they have to cut the rear crash bar for the rear bumper to fit? thanks</div>
    I really can't give you a price since I had alot more done than what you are asking about for one set price. To make a new crash bar, you need to know how to weld as well as having other tools for cutting and such. The rear crash bar was left in place and did not have to be modified in any way. The only thing that had to be removed in the rear was the foam between the bumper cover and the crash bar.

oops! :oops: that last post was suppose to be a PM! i was wondering why i couldnt find the PM i "sent" in my outbox. and then im like, "who the idiot who dug up this old post?" it was me!!! :oops: yea... its midterm week. a little out of it :oops:

The guy that did my kit charged me 350 for the install..keep in mind this was a favor though, cause it was worked out between him and the body shop that my car was at, since they didnt want to get involved with the custom stuff, I can get you a quote if you want Qnz
    now it was 350 to mount and wire my jdm headlights, and new crash bar, and install front, rear and side skirts
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

heres my crash bar...

www.anti-rice.com

lasthopeskrispy: so i was fucking this guy in the ass over the weekend and you know what he decides to do....he reaches around and cups my balls. I was like hey what a fag!

Wow now this is crazy...My very first post on TGC Revived!
    November of 04 ALL Factory
    November of 05..Dropped w/ 19's, bodykit Custom Billete Grille and more...
    I should be proud of my self 8)

hey low sittin 8g that anit a clear picture but did you remove it and made another or what im try to get the same kit

2010 Evo Gsr
    2001 GTZ
    1999 eclipse sold
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/633489