The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Eclipse 5-lug swap

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Eclipse 5-lug swap

I know this has been discussed before but for some reason when i do a search i can one read the first page of listings (when there 388 results lets say i cant find what im looking for)

so to do the front all i wold need is the -
    2g hub and bearings
    2g steering knuckel assembly
    2g capilaries
    of course rotors!

now the steering knuckel assembly will fit on to the 7g compression and lateral lower control arm as well as the upper control arm?
    Anyone know the distribution a a 2g eclipse master clynder? ( what % is applied to each wheel) cuz then if its not the same as the g then i'd have to go with the eclipse brake master clynder

Also if someone could give me the link to that rear disk swap.
    T.I.A
    YES I STILL HAVE MY GALANT!!

Experienced TGC Member
    IIRC You do not need the steering knucle. The eclipse hubs bolt right into our assembly.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

the rear would also be just the same? take out the drum hub and put the 5 lug disc hub?
    YES I STILL HAVE MY GALANT!!

i just picked up two 2g eagle talon esi rear brake assemblys. i got them both for $15 each! (the lady only charged me for the calipers) however, the ebrake cables were pre cut, and i cant get any used. i swore i seen a tutorial somewhere around where someone used the galant ebrake cables and modded them. ive been searching and cant find it. not sure if it was this site. anyone have any idea? i am going back tomarrow for the fronts. i would of got them today but i dident have my axle nut socket
    parting out my 7g project. 1g turbo head with gs cam gears, talon tsi front and rear brakes/5lug conversion. xtc 2g fwd clutch and pressure plate. complete 7g 5spped swap. jdm e54a headlights stock 97 tails, interior trim pieces. [email protected]
    http://www.thegalantcenter.net/forum...211#post477211

I'm not positive but I believe that you have to widen the hole in the backing plate in order to fit the galant ebrake cable, but you will definitely want to have someone else confirm that. I'm also pretty sure that the suspension from the 2G is virtually identical to the 7G(part numbers are the same). It's been a little while since I read over the 5 lug swap so if anyone can verify this for me I would appreciate it.

five lug swap is a waste of time and resources.

there's nothing you can't do with a 4 lug setup that the 5 lug can do cept fit 5 lug factory mitsu rims.

the brake master cylinder is not where the brake biasing' is done.

its the proportioning valve. and its mounted on the firewall.
    there are no independant studies out for the bias on 2g proportioning valves(gsx or gst or gs w/e) let alone any for the 7g valve. your bbest bet would be to get the proportioning vlave off a 94 GS, or any 2g gsx or gst(or GS w/ rear disc).

or you coudl jsut leave your stocker in.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

fyi, i am not doing the 5 lug swap for anything performance, but for the rim selection. alot of aftermarket rims that i see dont even come in a 4 lug design.
    parting out my 7g project. 1g turbo head with gs cam gears, talon tsi front and rear brakes/5lug conversion. xtc 2g fwd clutch and pressure plate. complete 7g 5spped swap. jdm e54a headlights stock 97 tails, interior trim pieces. [email protected]

lame

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Only swap i would do is replace those rear drums to disc for better braking. And they do make after marker rims for the 4 lug. Just search for 4x100 or 4x114.3

Quote Originally Posted by bmxmike
    Only swap i would do is replace those rear drums to disc for better braking. And they do make after marker rims for the 4 lug. Just search for 4x100 or 4x114.3
    i never said they dont make aftermerket rims, just alot of different styles dont come in thoser patterns but they do in the 5 lug

i went bavk to the junkyard today to get the front 5 lug set up and i couldent get that shit off. i was pissed. i took the calipers anyways.

Proto
    Quote Originally Posted by dsm galant
    Quote Originally Posted by bmxmike
    i never said they dont make aftermerket rims, just alot of different styles dont come in thoser patterns but they do in the 5 lug

i went bavk to the junkyard today to get the front 5 lug set up and i couldent get that shit off. i was pissed. i took the calipers anyways.
    You have to take the entire spindle. You can beat the hub out with a hammer if you desire but run the chance of damaging the bearings.