The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: !!!! NEW PIAA Plasma Spark Blue H4 7500K !!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 21
    Tight2Def

!!!! NEW PIAA Plasma Spark Blue H4 7500K !!!

:shock: Has anybody seen the Piaa H4's?... :shock: They come from japan... brand new ..

theses are all the Specs I got... :

The latest in PIAA technology has enabled output of 7500K, exceeding 2nd generation HID. These are high output bulbs which consume 60/55W and produce 110/100W of blue-white light

Bout to order them this weekend...

Let me know you Opinion.

How Much? Website?
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

Tight2Def
    Check on Ebay... That's the only place I found the ones I'm getting...
    Got luckly found them by accident

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=1865822938

Tight2Def
    about 90 dollars shipped... sorry forgot to include the price...

Kingman
    Matt at accelerated in Hagerstown had them and the new super plasma's that are blue on low beam and purplish on high beam.

He had them for 60 or 65 and they only come in H4

http://www.acceleratedaccessories.com/

I want to save you some money bro. PIAA is an excellent brand but are way overpriced. Check it out. I did a bulb comparison on Ebay. I bought 1 set of Showoff Krypton 4300K bulbs and 1 set of 5000K generic bulbs.

Showoff - roughly $17.99
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=1864576885

Generic - $8.00 - buy it now http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=1855228128

The $8.00 look more clear and basically better looking than the more expensive Showoff bulb. I even had co-workers tell me this as I was doing the comparison at work, 1 bulb in each headlight. Both are listed at 100w/80w. The $8.00 bulb was about as good as the cheap Eaglelite 100w/90w bulb I bought off Ebay last year.

I had also bought some $8.00 9004 bulbs for my other car and I had my friend put one in his MX-6 to compare with his PIAA. It embarrassed the PIAA bulb. It was an older PIAA bulb and only rated at 3900 or 4300K, but still. This $8.00 bulb outshined the PIAA (no pun intended).

I know the PIAA you're talking about is advertised at 7500K but it's still only rated at 110w/100w. I can GUARANTEE you that they will not be any more better than these cheap $8.00 bulbs I bought. If you pay for the PIAA's sure you'll have the satisfaction to know you have PIAA bulbs but please believe that the PIAA's are way over priced. No matter how much they improve on these H4 bulbs, they will never be true HID. Never. They will look really good as compared to a halogen (or Sylvania Cool Blue) but like I said, these bulbs will never be HID. I also have a true HID kit but it's low beam only. They are too bright and I get high beamed all the time. They don't look like Audi or even an Acura but they are HID and driving behind them is awesome. They are just too bright. From what I hear, the cool look of the Audi HID is the result of the projection headlight housing.

But if you're adamant about getting the PIAA and are willing to pay that much, I implore you to pay another $13 to buy these $8.00 bulbs ($5 shipping) and do a comparison. Here's an auction going right now - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=1865231004 - the seller's a good guy. You'll receive the bulbs in a few days after auction completes.

Kingman
    Only thing is the PIAA's are Dot approved and come with a stick for them. So in states like MD where police like to be jerk's about headlights sometimes you can get out of the work order.

plus the PIAA's are only drawing 55 and 60 watts but have a higher output. So no worry's about destroying wires.

I actually have the plasma GT's and everyone hates me because they are too bright.

Tight2Def
    Thankz a million man!!!! I'm not Worthy!!! I Just bought the ones you listed above... You just saved me A whole lot of money... ANd if i don't like them... Welll I only spent 15 bucks... Right...

But i trust your comparison.. and now when i think about it.. I had piaas.. b-4 my ES got hit by a deer... And they weren't really that bright... I know i was just paying for the name..... But I will keep you posted on What I

Thanks for your help!!!

~Peace~

You're welcome.

I'm using the $8 bulbs and have no problems with my wires.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingman
    Only thing is the PIAA's are Dot approved and come with a stick for them. So in states like MD where police like to be jerk's about headlights sometimes you can get out of the work order.

plus the PIAA's are only drawing 55 and 60 watts but have a higher output. So no worry's about destroying wires.

I actually have the plasma GT's and everyone hates me because they are too bright.
    Be careful of which model if you are looking for DOT approved. I think NOT ALL of the PIAA headlight bulbs are DOT approved. I believe only the Platinum series is.

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

Kingman
    Mine came with the DOT sticker.

I would assume that would be legit, but if its not oh well.

I may get the $8 ones and try them in my wifes car though.

Also does anyone know what size the foglights take. Someoen should post all of the bulb sizes for the 8G.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingman
    Also does anyone know what size the foglights take. Someoen should post all of the bulb sizes for the 8G.
    The stock foglights use a 893 bulb. Pinoy has a bulb guide on his website but I don't know the URL. I should have made a copy and posted it on TGC but I didn't. If he can post the link again, I'll make a copy of it.

If you want the Lexus yellow-gold look, there is only one place that I know of that sells them on the internet and that's at Classic Car Garage. I have a link posted in the Links Forum.

Kingman
    Thank you.

If I find some other color I will let you know as well.

Tight2Def
    Kingman .. the spec for the fog light is 893 bulb

Go to this website http://www.nextcollection.com/html/ORD-Lig...-5088-none.cfm#

Only problem I have is trying to get to the bulb.... ( I'm a rookie)

Quote Originally Posted by Tight2Def
    Kingman .. the spec for the fog light is 893 bulb

Go to this website http://www.nextcollection.com/html/ORD-Lig...-5088-none.cfm#

Only problem I have is trying to get to the bulb.... ( I'm a rookie)
    Real simple. You get to the bulb by reaching BEHIND the foglight - under and behind the bumper cover. You'll be able to unplug the bulb from there. It's similar to the headlight bulbs in which you have to squeeze the sides of the connector for it to release, then pull it off.

Tight2Def
    Whew!!! Thanks Man... I'm having a great day!!!! i was looking for the Yellow Fog lights!!!!!

I went to the WebSite... You posted , and there they were... And I'm going to order them 2-morrow!!!!!!

WOW Yellow fog lights are very rare to find on Galants with factory fog lights!!!

Thank man!!!...

I Do have anothey question...

How do I get my fog lights to run without the headlights ? Almost like daytime ruunig lights...

Oy!

Do you want to go the hard way or the Easy way?

Tight2Def
    whew... tell me both cause... or shall I ask which way is better..... Will I have to rig a switch or something

Quote Originally Posted by Tight2Def

I Do have anothey question...

How do I get my fog lights to run without the headlights ? Almost like daytime ruunig lights...
    What I did was re-wire the fogs to the parking lights, so when the parking lights come on so do the fogs. Down the road I might put a switch but for now this suits me fine.

That is with the bright turn signal re-wire also.
    Chapin y Boriqua que mezcla

Well, the easy way is to remove the low beam fuses (from the fuse box in the engine compartment). I have a picture posted, somewhere. I'll have to find it. I'm assuming you can run a wire to those fuses to cut them off at anytime.

You can rewire your fogs with your parking lights. (medium way) Or, somehow mod your relay so that when you click on high beam, your low beams come on (used in conjunction with the fuse removal).

The hard way is a total rewire all the way up to the fuse box inside the car. There is a tutorial on the Club3G site. It may also be posted here. You'll have to use the Search feature above.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast