The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: CF Gauge Bezel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 23

CF Gauge Bezel

Look what Speedhut is now selling. Along with the Brushed Aluminum gauge overlay they have the Carbon Fiber overlay.

Wonder if it matches those CF interior trims (overlays) that are sold?
    Anyone know?
    Chapin y Boriqua que mezcla

That's actually kinda hot with the stock gauges but I don't think you can pull it off with the Reverse indiglo
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

x2gtz
    lazarus yeah unless u get a custom gauge from speedhut in a diff colour.
    I decided not to go with cf bezel, as nice as it is the aluminum would look better'

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus
    That's actually kinda hot with the stock gauges but I don't think you can pull it off with the Reverse indiglo
    actaully it should work perfect w/ indiglos... remember that speedhut made the first set of 8G galant indiglos (i have the first prototype set). the speed hut indiglo set that i got was one piece and was a little thicker than the GDI reverse version so the reverses should fit fine. btw, these are adhesive overlays and do not actually replace the plastic stock bezel piece.

I was just saying that I dont think White and Carbonfiber would go to well together. The stock black gauges look better with the carbon fiber.....never thought I would be saying that. but white and CF don't match IMO.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

x2gtz
    reelax i hafta go with lazarus on this one, white and CF , i dunno, would like to see a pic to convince me.

maybe u can photoshop halos with aluminum and with CF both and lets vote

o i get it. i thought u were saying they wouldn't fit right. haha. my bad. i would personally go w/ the brushed aluminum... that looks pretty sweet.

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    actually someone else posted it that if you have a 2002 you can use these as your bezel with out needing the stock one from 99-01. the look pretty thick. but i think they could replace the stock ones.

thats what I was wondering DR - i wonder if i can just use those speedhut bezels instead of buying the oem ones and then these!!!! does anyone who has these think they will fit fine on the 02's w/o the oem bezel???

holla back someone, before i spend my $40 for the oem bezel and ten $20 for the speedhut cf bezel, and come to find out, i didnt even need the oem one, cuz the speedhut bezel fit fine w/o it, know what i mean!!!

peace yall -

ray-mex/pr
    Semper Fi'

The Speedhut bezel is just a sticker, it sticks on on top of the stock bezel. So you can't use that as your regular bezel.

you sure? i saw it on TJgalant when we had the BBQ in flushing meadow park and it didnt look like a sticker, and it is it then just get the brushed alluminum one that is defenetly not a sticker

Quote Originally Posted by domielover
    you sure? i saw it on TJgalant when we had the BBQ in flushing meadow park and it didnt look like a sticker, and it is it then just get the brushed alluminum one that is defenetly not a sticker
    This is what it says on the site:

Mitsubishi Galant 99-02 Carbon Fiber Look Gauge Bezel

Made with a thin layer of Carbon fiber film applied to a rigid composite substrate. Lasts forever! Does not fade. Lays on top of existing stock instrument cluster. Supplied with 3M automotive double sided tape for an easy install.

From that explanation it seems to be a sticker, I may be wrong though.

If it's the same as the aluminum, it's not a sticker. It's about 1/32 of an inch thick. It's pretty solid, but I still don't know if it will take the place of the bezel on the 02's.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

it's a thick sticker.

:lauging: i was waiting for someone to say that but here is the prooff

dragon300le did it to his 2002

http://www.tgc-forums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2675

I guess if there is a will then there is a way.

I think the CF bezel looks good with the white gauges.

CFBezel w/ White Gauges

Yeah....I think CF looks good with white gauges

emenous
    Quick question, where can i get those red neddles?....I tryed clearing my and then painting red and it well...looks bad...not so much during the day, but at night its just horrible looking...

I have this same bezel in my Galant, I ordered it from Speedhut. I have the indiglo gauges with the CF trim bezel. Yes its just an overlay sticker, but it looks real good. Yes it matches the carbon fiber interior trim. I also have the carbon fiber hand brake handle and a carbon fiber gear shift. It all matches.

Matt
    Love,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by emenous
    Quick question, where can i get those red neddles?....I tryed clearing my and then painting red and it well...looks bad...not so much during the day, but at night its just horrible looking...
    those red needles are stock on the '02s

I'd take a night shot of the gauges, but I have no idea on how to turn off the flash on the digi camera.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast