The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4G63 , is it WORTH the SWAP

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 54
    TGC Regular

4G63 , is it WORTH the SWAP

A friend of mine.. has two 4g63 engines and two trannies for them ..manuals...

He's a DSM fanatic lol... he has other shit also.. he had 3 talons , so he is definetly into DSM..

I want feedback , he is going to let these things go for cheap..if its worth it.. and not to much troublel I might be trying to get one done
    Donovan J.

Need something from england..or other eastern nations holla...
    I dont mind looking.

Car: Toyota Soarer GT-T Jspec "Limited"
    Galant: at home chillaxen :(

8G_GTZ
    i've never heard of that swap except for the EVO swap, which is the same motor. if he doesn't get rid of any of them anytime soon, PLEASE let me know. I just need the head for cheap. if he's not willing to part it out, i'll take the motor with a tranny.

if you are able to do that swap, i'd say go for it because the possibilities are endless with that motor. i actually was just lookin around on google, and i found a twin turbo set up on one. if i were you and had money, i'd go for it.

steve

TGC Regular
    Thanks Steve..
    I just called my boi corey up ... I got his S/n now for aim so I"ll hit him up..
    He has 2 of them , but if I were to do the swap , he can get a 4g63t with a tranny from a supplier in japan for 1100 , he'd have to search for a fwd tranny though... its not a bad way to spend about 1100 , he said after getting a "piggy back ecu" , to override my exisiting one , its all good.. Also the obvious things for a turbo.. looking at like.. 2500 I suppose

This is a better option then anything i know of plus it sounds decent , not sugar coated up.. glad I got back up with him , we both graduated from vocational school together for collision repair.

Donovan
    Donovan J.

I dont mind looking.

01GalantLSV6
    "piggy back ecu"

just to make sure your aware...that will run you some serious cash. i know that brian (stewi) who did the evo swap told me he got "an absolutely killer deal" on a good piggyback comp for 1200 bucks.

8ggalant
    Quote Originally Posted by Donovan
    Thanks Steve..
    I just called my boi corey up ... I got his S/n now for aim so I"ll hit him up..
    He has 2 of them , but if I were to do the swap , he can get a 4g63t with a tranny from a supplier in japan for 1100 , he'd have to search for a fwd tranny though... its not a bad way to spend about 1100 , he said after getting a "piggy back ecu" , to override my exisiting one , its all good.. Also the obvious things for a turbo.. looking at like.. 2500 I suppose

This is a better option then anything i know of plus it sounds decent , not sugar coated up.. glad I got back up with him , we both graduated from vocational school together for collision repair.

Donovan
    im willing to bet the title to my g that he doesnt know u need an evo motor (evoV-VIII , maybe IV but im not sure)...any dsm motor WILL NOT directly bolt in to your car...stewi put a 4g63 in his car but it isnt the same as the one's yer buddy has....

but maybe im wrong and yer friend can get evo motors for 1100 (i highly doubt this) if so...let me know id be interested in getting one

TGC Regular
    Yes.. as soon as he gets online Ill holla at hiim for you all..

After donig some research I ..I really want to do this..
    4g63T swap.. with tranny swap , so I would need what..

Yes there probably is a damn topic about it , but this is a diff one , I hope to get all my info here , thankkyee

donovan
    Donovan J.

I dont mind looking.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    [url=https://www.thegalantcenter.org/search.php]<span style='color:blue'>Search</span>
    7g for life!

TGC Regular
    Ah hell ..seth I looked it up and found it , lol

thanks seth..

Donovan

Ps: now to save up about 2 grand or more
    Donovan J.

I dont mind looking.

8ggalant
    tranny swap, D yer joking right....yer not a noob bro dont act like one....how many posts are ther about this....search option is yer friend

also, he CAN get evo motors for that price...let me kno

edit seth beat me to it and u saw his post first

BOO

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 8ggalant
    tranny swap, D yer joking right....yer not a noob bro dont act like one....how many posts are ther about this....search option is yer friend

also, he CAN get evo motors for that price...let me kno
    Shh.. was going fo da ez way out
    I found the post tho.. anyways.. quite helpfull seth
    Donovan J.

I dont mind looking.

truth be told, just buy one of the dsm's from him and keep the galant for daily...

Yah engine swaps can be long and tedious. Running into numerous problems you just get sick of it, buy a 1g turbo awd, and take a one month break from the car. Or maybe thats just me :lauging:
    7g for life!

TGC Regular
    Mante: He doesnt have the actual car.. its just the 4g63T motor and tranny...

What are your views?
    Donovan J.

I dont mind looking.

TGC Regular
    Mante: He doesnt have the actual car.. its just the 4g63T motor and tranny...

What are your views?

Seth: I really want 5 spd actually.. but then we got the talking about the whole power thing... and.. Im hooked unfortunatly.. lol.
    Donovan J.

I dont mind looking.

Either get unhooked, because having all 4 motor mounts refab'ed then worry about wiring (which shouldnt be that bad) well just prepare to spend so much on lil hit or miss stuff, little odds and ends really adds up. For an amount way less.....u know what Im going to say...

TGC Regular
    well.. how much would all the extras be..(things aside from motor/tranny/ecu)..estimate
    Donovan J.

I dont mind looking.

Yeah the little things add up, FAST! Especially if you buy aftermarket stuff. To date Ive spent about $5k or so on my swap(including motor) But I had to buy a new flywheel and clutch so of course I "needed" an ACT Xact streetlite flywheel and ACT 2600lb clutch. $600 down. Then I found a good deal on the Zeitronix Wideband system so I "had" to have that too. Add another $500 to my bill. Then I needed a new driverside mount so I ordered the prothane kit, $85. Then... It never ends

Im guessing if you go with STOCK parts or close to, you will spend upwards of $1-3k in "little stuff" easily. You need an intercooler, intercooler piping, boost gauge, manual boost controller, BOV, SAFC or ECU upgrade, all this stuff does not typically come with a motor(unless its a front clip)
    7g for life!

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    Yeah the little things add up, FAST! Especially if you buy aftermarket stuff. To date Ive spent about $5k or so on my swap(including motor) But I had to buy a new flywheel and clutch so of course I "needed" an ACT Xact streetlite flywheel and ACT 2600lb clutch. $600 down. Then I found a good deal on the Zeitronix Wideband system so I "had" to have that too. Add another $500 to my bill. Then I needed a new driverside mount so I ordered the prothane kit, $85. Then... It never ends

Im guessing if you go with STOCK parts or close to, you will spend upwards of $1-3k in "little stuff" easily. You need an intercooler, intercooler piping, boost gauge, manual boost controller, BOV, SAFC or ECU upgrade, all this stuff does not typically come with a motor(unless its a front clip)
    Luckily.. my friend would be able to order these motors in as the IC, IC piping , all that stuffs would come not an ecu upgrade I dont believe or what ever SAFC is..

Safely.. I say ..1100 for motor and tranny that inclues Ic , ic piping , bov , waste gate , uncut ecu ,

therefore leaving me with ecu upgrade , a few other minor tings , I would basically just be looking at 2grand.. in a sense
    Donovan J.

I dont mind looking.

I'm not trying to be an azz D, but did you consider these things.

From what I've been told:
    1. It has to be an EVO 4-8 (preferably the evo8) motor, the engines from 1G and 2G DSM's are completely different.
    2. You'll have to use a tranny from a 3G Eclipse.
    3. Something with the ECU, can't remember.

I would check with someone who has done the swap to get these questions answered. I'll STFU now.
    Mike

8ggalant
    Quote Originally Posted by bglocc
    I'm not trying to be an azz D, but did you consider these things.

From what I've been told:
    1. It has to be an EVO 4-8 (preferably the evo8) motor, the engines from 1G and 2G DSM's are completely different.
    2. You'll have to use a tranny from a 3G Eclipse.
    3. Something with the ECU, can't remember.

I would check with someone who has done the swap to get these questions answered. I'll STFU now.
    yea ive tried to tell him this repeatedly but i guess im not a reliable source...im suprise vtek/stewi hasnt said anything yet lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast