The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8g MT 6 speed Idea

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

8g MT 6 speed Idea

I don't own a Galant anymore, I own a 90 tsi awd, but I came back cuz I used to have 7g, some of you may remember me, but I had an idea today that would be cool to see.

I know a couple people have AT -> MT swaps. And 5 or so 99 DE's came MT stock, but here's a cool option that I would think would work.

Since I know you can head swap the 3g I4 and tranny, what about using the new Evo MR 6 speed tranny? I'm sure getting your hands on one would be very costly, but definitely original and badass to say the least.

Just trying to keep the 8g's unique from the rest of the import crowd.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    That would be cool and very feesible. Only bad thing is that it is an AWD trans. You would have to mod it for FWD or convert to AWD which isnt too easy. 6spd MR tranny would be sweet though...
    7g for life!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>That would be cool and very feesible. Â*Only bad thing is that it is an AWD trans. Â*You would have to mod it for FWD or convert to AWD which isnt too easy. Â*6spd MR tranny would be sweet though...</div>

Why not continue the custom work and convert the galant to awd The evo's share the same drivetrain as the galant vr4 so it should be doable..

8ggalant
    call me cheap but...NO
    lol
    but im sure sumones willing to "INVEST" the money...not me tho...my 5spd is suiting me just fine...tho 6spd would be nice....good idean non-the-less jesse

and b...if any of us should be goin 6spd...its......u hahahahha....u know yer tired of those pesky 6spd g35s/maximas

Oh i forgot u got yer speedcut eliminated...well still 6 is better than 5...DO IT

maybe thats what cali's project should be